Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonibelle
Level 7

Local Fox channel advertises it is available on Roku but I am unable to find it anywhere.

Fox 26 in Houston advertises daily that it is available, among others, on Roku as Fox26 Viewerverse.  I have searched and searched and never have been able to find it.  Messaged them thru their Facebook site and no one ever responded.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Local Fox channel advertises it is available on Roku but I am unable to find it anywhere.

@Tonibelle 

Fox26 Houston is available on Tubi Channel under Local News of their Live TV programming.

I looked at their website and doesn't say anything about Roku.  Doesn't mention Tubi, either though.  I do not think they have a dedicated Channel developed for the Roku.  I did see some other Houston Channels like KHOU-11 but none for Fox26.

Other than watching on Tubi, other option would be to cast it to your Roku from their Live section on their website.  (https://www.fox26houston.com/live)

Hope that helps a bit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
Tonibelle
Level 7

Re: Local Fox channel advertises it is available on Roku but I am unable to find it anywhere.

I did not get a notification that you had responded to my post from November.  Just tried GetHuman on the Roku site and after holding for 30 minutes decided to try the Get Tech for $1 trial of one week.  The tech gave me all sorts of "solutions" that had absolutely nothing to do with my issue.  Then he wanted $26 to call me!  I said no to that.  Fox 26 in Houston is still advertising that their channel is available on Viewerverse and because I have terrible reception with my outside antenna that is only for local channels, thought I'd try again to find Viewerverse.  Fox 26 reception is so distorted that I have to do something. Nothing still shows up for Viewerverse no matter where I search on my Roku device!  I did notice that Tubi is also shown so will try that I guess.  Very disappointed in Roku's help!

0 Kudos
renojim

@Tonibelle, THAT WAS NOT ROKU - IT WAS A SCAM!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 17

This is the only viewerverse that I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzU9hsam67vb1hDeAm9mX5747Bu_64vBk

0 Kudos
Tonibelle
Level 7

How could that be a scam if it is posted on Fox 26 just about every day and the live commentators also repeat it.

0 Kudos
Tonibelle
Level 7

Looked at those videos on YouTube.  Wish someone at the channel would answer me.  Maybe I'll try again. 

0 Kudos
Tonibelle
Level 7

Found it on Tubi last night but it appeared to be showing the 6pm news a few hours later.  Tried again this morning to watch the morning local news and it was a huge mess.  Goes to the Tubi logo when evidently the local channel is posting commercials.  I sat there and it came back on but it broke again for what must have been more commercials and the Tubi logo timed out and it went to the Roku logo.  Not worth the effort!  Now the Roku tech support is messaging me to change my password and other simple things to see if I can get it.  Uh, I changed my password yesterday!  They did suggest unplugging it which I may try later today.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Tonibelle 

The scam mentioned above is that of Get human and the other chat bots you were using in your above posting.

Many fraudulent websites claiming to offer Roku Support.  Roku support is always free and never charges.

The official Roku Support is found here in this Community and at https://www.roku.com/

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 17

@Tonibelle wrote:

Now the Roku tech support is messaging me to change my password and other simple things to see if I can get it.  Uh, I changed my password yesterday!  They did suggest unplugging it which I may try later today.

Are you absolutely sure you're talking to Roku?  Given the "Get Tech" mentioned above, I thought I should ask.  Get especially nervous if they suggest a password or ask for a password, or a credit card number...

0 Kudos