Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cefreese
Reel Rookie

Live TV unavailable on website

I often use my laptop to access the Roku website since my kids/husband are often on the TVs. I'm usually looking for the news/weather channels, but I never seem to be able to access any live TV channels from the website. I've tried repeatedly refreshing the page to update it and once in a blue moon live TV will appear but it's very rare. Is there some trick to make live TV actually appear regularly on the website or is it just meant to be device exclusive?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live TV unavailable on website

@cefreese 

When you are at the online Roku Channel (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/) type in the word "Live" in the upper right Search box and you should see "Live TV" in the Results.

The Results will show you the Live TV content available across the different categories.  Unfortunately, not an actual EPG guide available as on the Roku device.

(Shortcut Link to the Live TV you can Save to your Browser) - Scroll to the News or Category of choice.

Alternatively, you can also type "News" or "Weather" in that same search box and then look through the results for those that have the red "live" sticker, indicating it is a live tv channel.

Click on Image to enlarge.

RokuCh_Live.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live TV unavailable on website

@AvsGunnar wrote:

Shortcut Link to the Live TV you can Save to your Browser

Pretty nifty and useful link.  I've bookmarked it myself.  Thanks.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X