Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live TV channels not working on my Roku devices in Canada

Hi, @JudyChurp

Thanks for the response.

Upon checking your Roku device information, the region that it is currently set is in the US. Since you're in Canada, we would need to correct your region. To do this, kindly perform a factory reset to your Roku device. After that, use a new email that is locally created (Canada) to access the Live channels based on the region you're currently in.

To perform a factory reset, kindly refer to this support link How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

We hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JudyChurp
Reel Rookie

Sorry can you please clarify what you mean by creating a Canadian email address? I use a gmail address that I’ve had forever and it was “created” in Canada. Are you asking me to make a new email address?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JudyChurp 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We recommend creating a new email address and using it as the email address to re-activate your Roku device after performing a factory reset to your Roku device. Please be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration.

Keep us posted on how it works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos