Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgandw1
Reel Rookie

Live TV channels not working on my Roku devices in Canada

None of my 4 Roku devices will display the Roku channel.  I get a blank screen here in Canada on v12.5.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live TV channels not working on my Roku devices in Canada

Thanks for letting us know, @Morgandw1.
It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Morgandw1
Reel Rookie

4200X - Roku 3

s/n 1GN38G019571

v 12.5.0 build 4282-04

GC version 10.2.518

Timestamp 2023-11-26T19:3238Z

Issue id 71-474-932

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @Morgandw1.

We appreciate you for providing us with the requested details. Rest assured that we will forward your concern and the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for review. Rest assured that once more information and updates are available, we will update this thread as well. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JudyChurp
Reel Rookie

Hi

i am having the same issue. I have restarted the system multiple times, restarted my modem, removed the live tv and then reinstalled it several times and finally did a factory restart.. nothing is working. I thought it was because I had an older Roku stick so I went and bought a new one, unfortunately the same issue of all Roku live channels not working persists. This has been going on for months now and I was hoping that the new stick might solve it but it seems like I just wasted my money !?

0 Kudos
luvisabella
Reel Rookie

Just got my new device as well yesterday and no Roku Live tv channel work! It really sucks because I was under the impression that we were able to have some options here in Canada so I bought myself a device, but nope, just getting the guide of what's on live tv! Very frustrating... I wish I had read these! It will cost me to send this back to USA now! What a waste of money.

0 Kudos
JudyChurp
Reel Rookie

I’m also in Canada. The one thing is that I have friends who also have a Roku and they live a block away from me and have no issues. I’m hoping this can be fixed for me! The channels have worked in the past with my old stick so I’m wondering if it’s something to do with an update. It is overwhelming to read all the complaints of the same issue and no resolution.

0 Kudos
luvisabella
Reel Rookie

The worse part is the Roku live channels work directly in the browser of my computer. It is really a bug with the stick. I am returning the stick even if I have to lose money on shipping it back. I don't think they care about their customers according to all the complaints!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JudyChurp @luvisabella 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with Live TV not working on your Roku device, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We're here to help. Could you please provide the following steps below:

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JudyChurp
Reel Rookie

My provider is Rogers/ shaw

in canada

ip is 10.0.0.238

model 3820ca2