Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

Re: Certain OTA Channels Disappearing

@aw9182 @RokuCarly 

Any idea as to why my ota program guide now shows "No information" for every channel? The program info shows up if I actually select a channel to watch but no info on the channel guide 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for reporting this to us, @UncleMin!

No worries! We'd be more than willing to look closely into your concern about seeing "No information" on your channel guide and find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know when did you start seeing this? Also, have you performed a system reboot (Settings > System > Power > System restart) to see if this will make any difference? If not, please provide us with the following details below so we can coordinate this with the relevant Roku team to further investigate and correct it:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cheapchem
Reel Rookie

Thank you @aw9182 for the advice. @RokuCarly - I have had the same issue for at least 2 months, and thanks to @aw9182 I was able to work around the problem.  In my case, for zip code 55912, I was missing 3.3, 3.4, 15.2, 15.3, 15.4, and 24.2.  In all cases, the channel guide for these channels were messed up for the last year + and repeated other channels in 3, 15, and 24 range, respectively.  When I changed the zip code to 55953 and re-scanned, I got them all back except 3.3 (ION tv - never watched).  For @RokuCarly, here's the info you requested. I'm convinced the problem is how the channel guide info is constructed for each zip code.

Model #ONN 100071700 , Serial # x0130025mw34 , device id s0d261c5mw34, OS 12.5.5 build 4174CT

0 Kudos
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

@RokuCarly 

System reboot does not fix issue 

50r6+

X00100sltcva

S073h15ltcva

12.5.5 build 4174-94

I am unable to get a tracker id. It just powers off

Thank you 

0 Kudos
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

@RokuCarly 

Was able to get tracker id va-061-359 using voice remote.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@cheapchem 

"I'm convinced the problem is how the channel guide info is constructed for each zip code."

This was my conclusion as well. The problem is only affecting channels that have had bad channel guide info in the past. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting this here, @cheapchem.

We appreciate you for trying to perform a workaround by changing the zipcodes to stream your OTA channels and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

In this case, we will update our relevant team regarding your statement "I'm convinced the problem is how the channel guide info is constructed for each zip code." and will further clarify.

In the meantime, could you please confirm if this issue started happening after the software update or even before you started streaming your OTA channels? Also, kindly let us know your current Zip Code.

Moreover, kindly provide us with the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be anticipating your response so we can assess your concern better and find you with the best and most accurate resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing us with the requested details, @UncleMin.

Rest assured that our relevant team has been made aware of this and will further review and find you the best resolution possible.

In the meantime, we request your patience as we work on this. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and please let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cheapchem
Reel Rookie

Thank you @RokuCarly.

As @aw9182 agreed with my conclusion, it's really two issues. The first one, which existed ever since I bought the TV 2 years ago, was that certain channels always had bad channel info. The channels were exactly the ones in my previous post (3.3, 3.4, 15.2, 15.3, 15.4, and 24.2). The second issue was that the channels with the bad guide info disappeared 2-3 months ago. This would have been with the previous software version, I then updated to 12.5.5 build 4174CT, and the problem persisted.

I live in zip code 55912.  My tracker ID is 3Y-063-114

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @cheapchem.

Rest assured that we will include these details in the process of investigation. 

Once we've been notified of updates from the team. we will make sure to post it on this thread. 

In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you bearing with us as we work on this. If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please let us know as we would be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.