Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eastom98
Reel Rookie

Re: Certain OTA Channels Disappearing

@aw9182 this is the first time I’ve noticed it. I just changed my zip code in the settings to 46814 (the other side of town), rescanned, then they came back. I wonder if there is a glitch with the info at our zip code right now. Which is weird. Let me know if that works for you.

0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@eastom98 Thanks for this tip! I did what you said and then the channels also came back for me. Just to test this, I put 46835 back in rescanned then the channels went away again so it looks like there is an issue with the zip code. One of the other commenters on this thread had a Decatur zip code and they also had said they were having issues so it may be more than just one zip code having problems. 

0 Kudos
eastom98
Reel Rookie

@aw9182 that’s great!! I bet if the Decatur person changes their zip code to a different one near them it fixes it. My theory is when the tv listings info got updated somehow it glitched a few zip codes. I wonder if next week it will be fixed on our zip codes. I would imagine it gets updated weekly and why we both lost it on the same day. However, I’m glad I discovered at least a bandaid until then. I like watching my “Today Show” when I get up with a cranky baby, lol.

0 Kudos
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

Hello RokuCarly. I'm having the same issue and just got off a chat and then a phone call with support with no help. It started a couple weeks ago. There must have been a glitch in some update with the live tv app. I can only get certain broadcast channels when disconnected from the network. Is there an update to this being fixed? Worked fine until a couple weeks ago. Thank you 

0 Kudos
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

@RokuCarly 

Hello RokuCarly. I'm having the same issue and just got off a chat and then a phone call with support with no help. It started a couple weeks ago. There must have been a glitch in some update with the live tv app. I can only get certain broadcast channels when disconnected from the network. Is there an update to this being fixed? Worked fine until a couple weeks ago. Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @UncleMin!

It is appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we're here to further assist you with accessing your OTA channels.

Before we proceed, may we know what specific channel can't you access when streaming your OTA channels? In addition, what troubleshooting methods have you tried with one of our live Support team via call and chat so far?

We'll be anticipating your response so we can proceed to the next step. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

Thank you for responding @RokuCarly 

The broadcast channels that I specifically notice that I lose are 3.2 and 55.2 in the Cleveland, OH area. I've tried a soft reset, an update check, and adding those channels to favorites but nothing works. The only way those ota channels show up is if I do a network connection reset to disconnect from my wifi network. Obviously this becomes annoying because then I have to re-enter my network password if I want to use any other TV app. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Hoping you can help. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @UncleMin.

We appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot your device. No worries! We're here to suggest further troubleshooting methods.

Since you've mentioned that channels 3.2 and 55.2 appear after rebooting your network connection might have something to do with the signal strength of your internet. With this being said, may we know who is your internet service provider? Also, is this a wired or wireless connection

In the meantime, we suggest trying to connect your Hisense Roku TV to an alternative network to see if the missing channels also disappear. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

Looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly It doesn't have to do with the "signal strength of the internet". @UncleMin is seeing the same thing that I was. They are only seeing the missing channels when disconnected from the internet. As soon as the internet connection is re-established, those channels then disappear again. @UncleMin The only way I "fixed" this issue is by changing the zip code in settings to a zip code that was close to mine and is in the same broadcast area as me. After I changed the zip code I had to rescan the channels then I was able to get them back. To be sure I changed back to my actual zip code then they were removed again. I'm assuming there is a bug in the Roku software that removes channels from the TV guide for certain zip codes. 

0 Kudos
UncleMin
Channel Surfer

@aw9182 that worked! Very annoying. I'm assuming whatever update they did 2 or 3 weeks ago screwed something up. Hopefully @RokuCarly can get them to figure out what they did so it can be fixed and not happen again in the future. Thank you both

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.