Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barblich
Level 7

Linked Comcast Peacock Premium account only showing up as free on Roku

I am a Comcast subscriber so I was able to link my Peacock account to my Comcast account so that I get Peacock Premium for free. However, when I sign in to my Peacock account on my Roku, it says I only have the free account and it wants me to pay for premium. I tried deleting the Peacock channel on my Roku and then reinstalling it. I made sure I used the linked account. No change. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Linked Comcast Peacock Premium account only showing up as free on Roku

I suspect the free subscription you got through Comcast only works on Comcast. 

Typically, any premium subscription you obtain through a third party like a cable/satellite company, Roku or other streaming device, Amazon Prime, Sling, Hulu, etc. is only good for viewing via that third party service.

If you want to be able to view on multiple services, you typically need to subscribe directly with that channel via their website, then install their app on the devices you wish to use.  You then log in with the login credentials you have established directly with the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Km29
Level 8

You can link them on Roku now. Go to peacocktv.com and set up a new account. On the bottom of that screen you will see icons for Xfinity and Cox and a message that those subscribers get Peacock Premium free. Click on the Xfinity icon and you’ll move to the next screen where you create your Peacock account. Once done, they take you to an Xfinity login screen where you have to enter your Xfinity login. You’ll be sent a code via text or email that you enter here to authenticate. Then just go to the Peacock app on your Roku home screen and login with the new credentials for Peacock. 

0 Kudos
cajunlilac
Level 7

I tried this but it just keeps showing the Free. We qualify for the Comcast Peacock Premium but I can't find a solution online anywhere. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@cajunlilac wrote:

I tried this but it just keeps showing the Free. We qualify for the Comcast Peacock Premium but I can't find a solution online anywhere. How do I fix this?

Unfortunately, all we can say is to contact NBC and get their tech support involved. They are solely responsible for the functionality of their channel on Roku devices. Roku themselves have no control over how that works, and can't offer any assistance with it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AtLeastTwo
Level 7

I had this exact same issue and this is what worked for me:

When I setup Peacock last year on the free Flex streaming device they gave me, I used an old email address.  When I was trying to setup Peacock on my Roku tonight, when I went to link my account using a newer email address I kept getting a vague error about already being linked to a different email.

What I had to do was go to the Peacock app on the Flex device and change the email address from my old one to my new one.  I believe next I linked the account.  The final step was going to the Peacock app on my Roku, signed out and signed back in and it finally showed that I had the Premium Peacock account.  So it looks like even though all my accounts were matching, the app on the Flex device was holding me out.  Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos