Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Language changed on Highway to Heaven

I went to Roku home then went to Settings and chose language and it is already set for English. I do not know why now this program is in Spanish. There must be a way to change it back to English

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@islandbeachdune

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we currently investigating this issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

This seems to be a fairly common issue. Has anyone found a fix? My tv is basicly sitting there, waiting to let me down because half the **bleep** channels randomly are In Spanish! 

0 Kudos
VABAD

Did you ever solve this problem in November and December of 2021?  It is happening again.  The exact same issues that were described.  Highway to Heaven is playing in Spanish.  I went to options, settings, hit the home button 5 times....nothing works.  All settings show English as the selection except on Highway to Heaven that shows "default" and does not have other  choices.  What happened in 2021, and how was it fixed.  I watched the program in English last night and this morning it is in Spanish.  Is this a hack?

Thanks,

streaming_fan
Roku Guru

212 Days.jpg

http://howmanydayssince.net/

@VABAD Unbelievably, it has been 7 months since this problem was first reported and no, the problem has not yet been solved.  

I think many of us "Highway to Heaven" fans here continue to watch the show on other apps.  

Have you seen S3 E15 "Wally"?  D.i.c.k. Van D.y.k.e. plays a bum named Wally Dunn who has nothing yet still he helps others.  A touching and unforgettable performance.  Watch it for free and in English on Tubi, Freevee, Pluto or Plex. 

Wally.jpg

0 Kudos
Beantowngirl
Reel Rookie

Try the peacock network. It’s free and it plays in English!  

Beantowngirl
Reel Rookie

Try the peacock network. It’s free and it plays in English. 

0 Kudos
Raygreen3
Reel Rookie

It's mid-August and Highway to Heaven is still in Spanish only on the Roku channel. Luckily it's available on several other apps for free that have it in English. Here are some of the apps that have it, FILMRISE Classic TV, Plex, Redbox, Crackle, Vudo, Tubi, peacock, freevee & pluto.

streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Has it been nine months?  I wonder if they will ever fix it. 

Well, tonight, on another app, I watched the Highway to Heaven special Halloween episode, S4 E5 "I Was a Middle Aged Werewolf".  What a lot of fun this episode was!  

Werewolf.jpg

In the episode, Mark (played by Victor French) was watching the 1957 film, "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" on TV, and he keeps telling Jonathan (played by Michael Landon) "the guy in this movie reminds me a lot of you."  I see now that's because the teenager in the 1957 film was played by a young Michael Landon!  How about that!

young Werewolf.jpg

(Photo above: Michael Landon in the 1957 film "I Was a Teenage Werewolf")

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Did you guys see Highway to Heaven S4 E11 "In With The 'In' Crowd"?  I just saw it.  OMG, it was really good!  This episode is what I would classify as a psychological thriller.  You know, a thriller, like Alfred Hitchcock's film Psycho from 1960.  There are unexpected dangers and plot twists to build suspense all throughout the episode.  The tension is maintained like this until the final, exhilarating conclusion.  Jonathan also displays new (and creepy!) ways to use his angelic powers.  Guest star actress Lar Park Lincoln (House 2, Friday the 13th and Freddy's Nightmares) carries the story while Jonathan and Mark transform into serious cops on the make.  It's not your typical episode of Highway to Heaven.  It will leave you saying, "Wow!"  Must see!  

H2H S4E11.jpg

0 Kudos