Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celeste56

Language changed on Highway to Heaven

Was watching Highway to Heaven this morning. Got done viewing season one episode 2. Started watching episode 3 and it was all Spanish, so were the episodes after that. What happened? Other shows are fine so far, but this came out of no where. Need some help with this. 

Tags (1)
51 REPLIES 51
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Language changed on Highway to Heaven

@Celeste56-

What channel are you using to watch Highway to Heaven?

Some programs contain multiple audio tracks that can be selected, such as different languages or verbal action descriptions for the visually impaired.

The Roku default method of accessing your choice of audio track is to press the * key on your Roku remote while viewing the program and examining the options presented. 

But more and more channels are not using the Roku default but substituting their own method of access -- I'm guessing this is so they will have consistent controls with versions of their app running on platforms other than Roku.  Often these options are accessed by pressing the up and/or down cursor control keys while viewing the program to pop the channel's own control options on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

@makaiguy I logged on to say this but @Celeste56 beat me to it.  Was going to watch S2 E18 "To Bind the Wounds" on The Roku Channel but could not b/c language was in Spanish.  I pressed "*" and there was only one language available called "default".  

@makaiguy Could you or someone pls look into this?  

@Celeste56 FYI, full episodes of Highway to Heaven are available for free on Youtube and Filmrise apps.  Just download & install the apps on your Roku player if you don't have them already and you can continue watching for free while they work on this problem.  

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@streaming_fan wrote:

@makaiguy I logged on to say this but @Celeste56 beat me to it.  Was going to watch S2 E18 "To Bind the Wounds" on The Roku Channel but could not b/c language was in Spanish.  I pressed "*" and there was only one language available called "default".  

@makaiguy Could you or someone pls look into this?   

Now that I know you're trying to view on The Roku Channel, I can confirm I get the same thing.  Both audio track and closed captioning are in Spanish with no alternatives offered.

As my signature says, I'm not a Roku employee, so that's about all I can do, other than bringing this to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza-D

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Mike222

@makaiguy 

Respectfully, your reply does not help. 

This is a production that is available on The Roku Channel. 

There is no option to revert this show back to English. And really, why would one even need to do that if they were originally viewing it in English? 

We are experiencing the same problem. I have attempted updates and a reset but to no avail. 

What is weird is that all other shows on the Roku channel are broadcast in English, just not this one. 

Are there any updates on this or do I need to call the dreaded “tech support”?

mimi7

Same issue here. Could not find a fix. Really disappointed for now but hope someone will see these messages and post the answer and/or correct it for us.

meyerma11

We just started season 4 episode 1 and now changed from English to Spanish verified season 5 same thing now in Spanish. Previous seasons we checked and are still in English. What is being done?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Does this happen on all movies/shows on The Roku channel or just specific titles?
Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

streaming_fan
Roku Guru

@RokuMary-F 

2021-12-01 Highway to Heaven report.jpeg

The Roku Channel version 6.0 build 15

Was playing S2 E18 To Bind the Wounds

Yo no Nintendo Espanol.  

Thank you very much!  

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

@Mike222 To be fair, he did @ two Roku employees.  That was helpful.  Yes?  

0 Kudos