Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RP9
Streaming Star

Kanopy app forcing closed captions again

Jump to solution

This just began (again) last night. Kanopy app is forcing closed captions on every movie I try to watch. In fact it changes my Kanopy settings to show Closed captions as well as changes my Roku settings to always show captions. This happened before about 3 years ago and I couldn't resolve it so I stopped using the Kanopy app until about a year ago. It has worked fine until last night.

Steps to fix this: reset settings in both Kanopy and Roku, turn off both tv and Roku and back on, uninstall Kanopy and re-install it. Nothing fixes this problem that I see others have had as well.

Roku Ultra 4800X, software version 11.0.0, build 4193-C2.

Kanopy version 4.3, build 202200602

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RP9
Streaming Star

Re: Kanopy app forcing closed captions again

Jump to solution

Kanopy finally responded to me after working on this software issue. I wasn't sure whether this was a Kanopy or Roku issue, but Kanopy has solved it.

Kanopy informed me today that they had come up with a software update to correct the closed captions problem. The Kanopy version and build # didn't change but the software fix was included when I uninstalled and then re-installed the Kanopy app. And now everything is working fine now with no forced close captions in Kanopy or the Roku captions setting being changed when I start a movie in Kanopy.

Let Kanopy know if this happens to you so they can make any software updates as necessary.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RP9
Streaming Star

Re: Kanopy app forcing closed captions again

Jump to solution

Kanopy finally responded to me after working on this software issue. I wasn't sure whether this was a Kanopy or Roku issue, but Kanopy has solved it.

Kanopy informed me today that they had come up with a software update to correct the closed captions problem. The Kanopy version and build # didn't change but the software fix was included when I uninstalled and then re-installed the Kanopy app. And now everything is working fine now with no forced close captions in Kanopy or the Roku captions setting being changed when I start a movie in Kanopy.

Let Kanopy know if this happens to you so they can make any software updates as necessary.

0 Kudos