Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jahulway
Reel Rookie

Just started seeing commercials on BritBox today

Today (11-28-22) while watching BritBox, we started seeing commercials, including commercials for Roku. We have not experienced this in the past. What's up?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Just started seeing commercials on BritBox today

@jahulway

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you watching BritBox through the channel directly, or are you watching BritBox through The Roku Channel? Do you know what kind of subscription you have to BritBox? In addition, what content are you watching on BritBox that you see these commercials show up on?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jahulway
Reel Rookie

We watch BritBox on the Roku Channel. We have a $7.99 subscription through Roku.

We were watching an episode of "Escape to the Country" and experienced several commercials during the episode. We then switched to the Acorn channel to watch a different show without commercials.

As an update, today again we had commercials while watching "Escape to the Country" on BritBox on the Roku Channel. We then switched to an episode of "Fr. Brown" also on BritBox. This show did not have commercials.

0 Kudos
jahulway
Reel Rookie

As a further update, we went back to "Escape to the Country" on BritBox. After further examination, all episodes in series 16 and earlier have commercials. The newer episodes do not.

0 Kudos
dlmurphy
Reel Rookie

We started to have ads on Escape to the Country today, March 22, 2023.

The ads are appearing in Season 4.   We currently subscribe to BritBox through Roku and our subscription payment is currenrt

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dlmurphy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are inquiring about commercials that showing on your Britbox through the Roku Channel.

We recommend contacting Britbox directly to follow up for more help. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Britbox controls and manages all content within their channel and they’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. 

You can reach Britbox support here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LeslieS
Reel Rookie

Today (08/01/2023) I started seeing commercials on BritBox.  I'm watching Heartbeat, Season 2.  Season 1 was ad free.  This is the first time I have seen MULTIPLE commercials interrupting the episodes. I pay for streaming service and expect shows to be ad-free.  Is this a glitch? Thank you for checking.

Poperaleigh
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue starting today. Are you still seeing ads? What did you do?

0 Kudos
dlmurphy
Reel Rookie

I submitted the issue directly to Britbox support and the ads no longer appeared the next day 

0 Kudos
Poperaleigh
Reel Rookie

Great. Thank you!

0 Kudos