Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuck1970
Reel Rookie

It's Real Good TV app most content gone!

The It's Real Good TV app on Roku was updated yesterday and everything,including the Doctors subscription section and Retro TV livestream has been removed.
Only two episodes of Dracula's Kung Fu Theatre are there.
No idea what's going on,but I would assume that the Roku app is going through a big overhaul and the update was pushed out too soon.
The update is also shown on the official Roku channel page.
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/5747e371f262b097f0d9f8cd39b8f9ce/its-real-good-tv
Can get any answers from Retro TV/Get After It Media,as they don't respond to messages or emails,so if anyone at Roku could find out,it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: It's Real Good TV app most content gone!

Hello @chuck1970

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
MSHOGMAN

I can get all the content on the It's Real Good TV app on my phone, but nothing on Roku. Seems to be a Roku problem to me. Roku has been absolutely useless and trying to figure it out though.

0 Kudos
jimmyshine1
Reel Rookie

This is absolutely correct.  Everything is cool on the It's Real Good TV site--I see everything on my laptop.  But go to Roku, and everything is gone, so clearly, it's a Roku thing.  Forget getting answers, unfortunately, from either company.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jimmyshine1

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
chuck1970
Reel Rookie

Got an email reply from It's Real Good TV and they said that their engineers are aware of the problem and are working on resolving it. I just heard that Apple TV is affected as well. 

jimmyshine1
Reel Rookie

Amazing--thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
jimmyshine1
Reel Rookie

Well...some of the content is back, but it's the old format, and the episodes for The Doctors are completely out of order, with some missing.  It's a real mess.  I hope a fix is coming.

0 Kudos

I tried deleting app and reinstalling, and also clearing the Roku cache. Nothing worked. Everything on my computer works fine, however.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Taralytical,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the information and the attempts to resolve this query about some content on the channel.

Note that most of the channels on Roku are managed and maintained by the channel provider itself. If the issue only occurs on a specific channel and does not affect the rest of the channels, this is an indicator that the problem only persists on that channel.

In this case, we recommend you to reach the channel provider for further assistance about this. Click here to contact them.

Just update this thread in case there is anything else that we can help you with.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos