Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtn1523
Reel Rookie

Issues with playback/streaming issues on both my devices (Roku Ultras)

Hey Roku, 

I have been having issues with playback/streaming issues on both my devices (Roku Ultras) and have done everything suggested on the support page and still have these issues. I get error messages and also messages that the service isn't available in my region when trying to stream Paramount+, Discovery+, Amazon Prime, and Hulu channels. Pretty much every single streaming channel I use except Netflix. 

I tried to open a ticket on the Roku support page, however, once, I pick the topic of my issues to open a support ticket, the page just spins and spins. Leaving me unable to open a ticket. Since I can't send a support ticket, it leaves me no other way than to post this in hopes of someone from Roku sees this and helps me out.  This is piss poor customer service and I am on the verge of just getting rid of Roku altogether and making sure I get all my family members that I recommended to switch getting Rokus new devices for Christmas with competitor devices since this is the worse experience in getting help for my issues with any product I have purchased.  

Oh and I am not sorry for posting my support questions here as Roku says not to because I can't access the customer support form on their page to get a hold of someone from Roku.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Support Page Issues - I can't get help with my Roku Issues

Hi @mtn1523 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us here regarding this matter. No worries, we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this.

Have you tried to reboot your wireless network? If not, we highly suggest it. 

In addition, try to connect your Roku Ultra streaming device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if the issue still occurs.

We're looking forward to know how it goes so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate resolution.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fitzweb

Re: Issues with playback/streaming issues on both my devices (Roku Ultras)

I am having the same issue.  I get an error message on all channels, yet my internet connection is good 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@mtn1523-

• Where are you located?  Where some channels have the right to be distributed can be limited geographically.
  • Are you using a VPN that masks your actual location?
  • Were you in your current region when you initially set up your Roku account?
  • Where does the IP assigned to you by your internet provider say you are located?  You can use an IP info website like the ones listed below to find out. If this doesn't represent your actual area, you can contact your internet provider and ask to be reassigned an IP in your area.

Some IP info websites:
    https://www.iplocation.net/
    https://www.iplocation.com/
    https://tools.keycdn.com/geo
    https://www.ipfingerprints.com/
    A web search for "IP Location" can find many more.
    You may want to try several of these as sometimes the results vary.

@fitzweb-

If your error message is not that the channel is not available in your region, then you may not have the same problem.   If that's the case, please start your own separate topic.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mtn1523
Reel Rookie

@makaiguy @RokuCarly @fitzweb 

So I don't use a VPN and I haven't had this issue a year ago.  Roku was working fine until 3-4 months ago,  I am located in Northern California in the heart of Silicon Valley so I highly doubt channels are not available where I am located which ironically is just down the street from Roku's headquarters.   This issue only started about 3-4 months ago and it feels like something happened when I updated my Roku.  I set it up in the comforts of my home and besides getting the error message of not available in my region, I also get an error message saying playback is not available at the moment.  I also get an error message indicating that a VPN may be causing this issue, however, I am NOT using a VPN.  Just my standard wifi like how I would connect everything else that needs wifi in my household. I will take your suggestion @makaiguy and see where my IP address is assigned to and contact my provider if it is not assigned to my area.  If it is, then I guess I am back to square one again and see if @RokuCarly has any other suggestions. Thanks. -mtn1523 

mtn1523
Reel Rookie

UPDATE:  I checked with my internet provider and confirmed that my IP address is assigned to my area and it is static. @RokuCarly @makaiguy do you have any other suggestions to help remedy these error messages?  

And yes, I've already performed a reboot of both my Roku and wifi and also reset as well as disconnected and reconnected the wifi to Roku several times.

HELP! Not happy with my Rokus.  Yes, plural.  I have two ultras and had three sticks in the last five years and this is the first time I've encountered a problem so badly with my Roku products!

0 Kudos