Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Issues with Spotify on Roku TV

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post regarding channel issue with Spotify.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details to investigate further. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

"We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details to investigate further. Can you please provide us the following information:

" Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)"

• model= 3700x-Roku Express
  • serial= YU00JU109905
  • device= 7G271J109905
  • software= 11.5.0 build 4312-28

"does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)"

• Spotify only - version 2.10.21R Dec 7, 2022

"tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing "

model= 3700x - Roku Express

serial= YU00JU109905 (7G271J109905)

software= 11.5.0 build 4312-28

-----

time stamp= 2202-12-16T15:53:24Z

issue id= 05-503-513

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

no longer need assistance

0 Kudos

Ive tried everything and nothing will work, I will go to open the app and after a few seconds of it being opened, my screen will go completely black no mater how long I wait it will still be show this black screen. It doesnt do this any other app though.

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
Karla87

I've been having the same issue, after the logo disappears its just a black screen, no artists nor music its just a black screen, Ive been in contact with Roku Support Twitter and Soptify support and still don't have a solution, this has been going on during this month almost 3 weeks already without spotify on my roku... I don't know what is the matter and I've done everything eacj party has told me to do.... 

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PixiePenny 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to further investigate the issue you are reporting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star