Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s1anda

Issues with Apps opening on Roku tonight?

Jump to solution

Anyone else having issues with apps opening on Roku tonight? It's not my internet connection, as I've checked that, but it keeps giving error messages when I've tried various apps, such as Hulu, Paramount and Philo. I've tried resetting the Roku and it did allow me into a couple of the apps, but then it won't play anything and tells me its having problems with connecting to play the shows. OR I just get a circle that goes round and round while it thinks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Issues with Apps opening on Roku tonight?

Jump to solution

When you start having issues like that, it helps to reboot/restart everything involved even if every other device in your home isn't having any issue accessing the Internet.  Try restarting your Roku as well as your gateway/modem/router.  This may not apply to you if you really reset it, but for others who may read this, make sure you're really restarting your Roku device and not just turning it off and on.  Perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) or unplug the power for a few seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you start having issues like that, it helps to reboot/restart everything involved even if every other device in your home isn't having any issue accessing the Internet.  Try restarting your Roku as well as your gateway/modem/router.  This may not apply to you if you really reset it, but for others who may read this, make sure you're really restarting your Roku device and not just turning it off and on.  Perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) or unplug the power for a few seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
treasuredphotos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had a similar problem last night.  Roku would start and show apps, however, if clicked on What to Watch or Live TV it says Roku Failed to load (or something like that).  I would show empty boxes that would have had a show to watch.  If I open any other app I would get the audio but, no video.  What is going on?

0 Kudos