Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibassman
Level 7

Issue streaming my home channels when I am out of town on vacation

I am having an issue streaming my local channels when on vacation, it has been working just fine for  a week until now.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Level 17

Re: Issue streaming my home channels when I am out of town on vacation

It would probably help to describe the issue and state what app(s)/channel(s) you are using.  For example, if it's a cable company app, they might only allow it to work on their network or even restrict it to your home address.  (Just a random example of what could go wrong.)

0 Kudos
Gibassman
Level 7

Re: Issue streaming my home channels when I am out of town on vacation

I am using the youtube app and have Xfinity as a cable provider with Xfinity internet. As mentioned I have been live streaming my home channels(Buffalo NY) while on vacation(Florida) for the past TWO weeks with no problem. At this time I can only play back recorded shows from home. When I try and select my home channels for live streaming it shows the channel with a suitcase with a line though it. When I select it it indicates that "This program cannot be viewed in your current area"

Any help to restore my ability to live stream my home channels would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos