Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueMoon10

Is there a way to block YouTube videos completely?

Is there a way to block YouTube videos completely? We have already removed the app and all apps that are just curated YouTube videos. We've set the parental controls as much as we can. The videos still show up in searches and on the Roku Channel recommended list constantly. I do not want my kids watching YouTube videos, at all. I don't care what they are rated or whatever, I do not want them to be able to watch anything from YouTube, period. When my kid searches Paw Patrol, he should not be getting videos of people playing with Paw Patrol toys before he gets the show. This is ridiculous.

Why can't I remove stuff from the Recommended list? Or remove the Roku channel? This is a serious flaw and we're considering switching to AppleTV because they have better parental controls. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
morfhis

Re: Is there a way to block YouTube videos completely?

Yes. Use FreeTube and "hide" channels. They will be blocked from suggestions and search results. Added bonus, no Google/Youtube account required. Has everything else, but you can't comment.

0 Kudos