Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there an app for Verizon / Fios app in the Roku channel library?

All you people that left Comcast must have finally made them improve their customer experience. I've been with them for more than two years now, and both my Internet and phone service are a vast improvement over CenturyLink DSL and hard wired voice lines. The only outage I've had was a preplanned one to make some improvements on my network. I now have Gigabit speed and am still paying the same as I was when I "only" have 600 Mbps. Plus my upload speed went from 25 to 100 Mbps, so better for playing Plex when I'm traveling. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

There were a lot of outages that were not planned and I I had to reboot the xfinty router way too often to in order for the wireless to connect. I currently have a verizon ax router that I had to reboot one time in 3 years that I have had the router. Once you get used to fiber it is a game changer that I can't live with out. I get outstanding pinging time, even on wireless devices.

0 Kudos
atc98092

I've never had to reboot my Xfinity Gateway modem, but I also run it in bridge mode and use my own router. I could never get port forwarding to work with their gateway, so I gave up and went to bridge mode. The only reboots mine has had has been an occasional power failure for my home and it lasted too long for my UPS to keep it running. Fiber isn't available in my neighborhood, so Comcast is the only option I have for anything faster than 100 Mbps, which is what I had with CenturyLink DSL. My brother retired as a CL line technician, and his opinion is the company is trying to get rid of their home customers and concentrate on business users. Based on my experience the last year I had their service, I would agree with him. Their service really went downhill the last couple of years I had them.

Dan

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@atc98092don't give up hope on fiber, because Google Fiber is planning on speeding up the pace of fiber deployments and expand into new areas.

https://www.lightreading.com/finance/alphabet-on-the-hunt-for-gfiber-investors-report#close-modal

0 Kudos
atc98092

Our neighborhood is all underground utilities. It would be cost prohibitive for them to come in and add fiber, unless CenturyLink decided they could pull it through their existing conduit. The did make the effort to add DSLMs throughout the neighborhood, which is why we could get DSL at the speeds we could. But while I could get 108 Mbps (only 5 Mbps uplink) my daughter and son-in-law, who only live about a half mile deeper into the neighborhood (really just up the street from us) could only get about 65, and that was with a bonded pair of wires. 

Unless another provider such as Google or Verizon bought out the existing CL infrastructure throughout the entire neighborhood, I see no options other than Comcast, CL (or any company that takes the phone services over) or Starlink satellite service. 

Dan

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Where I live now this neighborhood is all underground utilities too. It is not too costly for Verizon to run fiber through my conduit.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I have my own modem and router on Xfinity.  In 7 years, I think there have been 3 reboots – all due to power failures.  I’ve never manually rebooted it.  I suspect a lot of this stuff (especially the Wi-Fi) has a lot of environmental variables though like what devices you have, what kind of stuff your neighbors have etc. 

My neighbors went from Comcast to FIOS. When the FIOS went in, it took 3 days to trench from the street down the side and then under their driveway – about 250 feet in all (flag lot) through rocky ground.  I wonder if Verizon made money because within in 2 years, they went back to Comcast.  And now it’s not Verizon anymore – they sold that business to another company and only do wireless in this area.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Laxmom806

Re: where is the app for Verizon Fios?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: where is the app for Verizon Fios?

@Laxmom806 you didn't ask anything, so we don't know what you are looking for. As mentioned, if Verizon wants an app for Roku devices to stream their cable TV content, they have to create it themselves. Roku does not create apps for 3rd party providers. 

Dan