Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ms-GiGi
Channel Surfer

Is there a app for Verizon Fios?

Hello,

I recently changed my provider from Xfinity to Verizon Fios.  Is there a mobile app for Verizon Fios ?  If there is - can a link be provided.   

Thanks

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Is there a app for Verizon Fios?

It is called fios tv mobile.

0 Kudos
Ms-GiGi
Channel Surfer

Re: Is there an app for Verizon / Fios app in the Roku channel library?

Thanks, I know there is a Fios app, however I can’t find it here in the Roku channel library.  

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

There is only a verizon FIOS TV home app for Apple TV devices,  Amazon Fire TV devices and Verizon stream TV devices.

0 Kudos
Ms-GiGi
Channel Surfer

Thank you! It appears I will have to switch back to Xfinity in order to use my multiple Roku devices. 
I appreciate your feedback!

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Just, use the direct TV stream app for roku devices if you want to watch TV. Never go back to xfinity.

0 Kudos
Ms-GiGi
Channel Surfer

LoL, i am reassessing my options now and eliminating the channel lineup with my current provider.  I still need the high speed internet however, i think i will change my current Hulu plan to include live board casting.  

Thanks for your honesty!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Ms-GiGi wrote:

Thank you! It appears I will have to switch back to Xfinity in order to use my multiple Roku devices. 

What is it exactly you want to do with this app? The only app I'm aware of for Roku devices is either a control app (which is available for iOS and Android devices, but not for players or TVs) or a dedicated "The Roku Channel" app which only provides access to the content available via The Roku Channel. This one does not have anything to do with any devices you own. 

Or are you referring to an app for Roku devices that allows you to stream video content available from your provider (Verizon)? If that's the case, then unfortunately there is no such app and you would need to ask Verizon to provide on. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ms-GiGi
Channel Surfer

Yes , you are correct. My final solution: I upgraded my Hulu subscription to include live programming. Which I can stream using my Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I have been with Verizon FIOS for 12 years or, so I. I was excited to dump xfinity as soon Verizon FIOS, because available in my neighborhood!

0 Kudos