Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elzora
Channel Surfer

Inside app movies either wont run or spin 13% and then back to movie list in app or does nothing.

I love black & white and Noir movies. I put a some on my home back. Their are 4 of these that I have issues with. Names of apps are below.

1. Film Noir Cinema - Not many movies but watched them except one won't load at all called "Too Late for Tears"

2. Film Noir - Click a movie to watch inside the app and doesn't play it takes you back to the list showing all the other movies and none of them play.

3. Noir Flix - Just shows some apps when you click it that show "Want to build your own Roku channel?

4. Noir Nights - Weird when you open the app it has no names for a picture you see and nothing at all plays when you click on any of the pictures.

* NOTE: I wish we could talk to someone at ROKU. 😞   I even contacted TCM and ask them why don't they have an app for Roku because I love the black & white and Noir movies and I love their channel when I was on cable. They just gave me the song and dance.  I like all kinds of movies but but enjoy these black & white and Noir movies so much and nice to have them and my choices. Would really be nice if all the apps worked good I have many issues with Netflix throwing me back at the home page. Just sucks having all these issues.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Inside app movies either wont run or spin 13% and then back to movie list in app or does nothing

For the most part it's up to the developer of the channel/app to fix problems, so Roku won't be able to help you even if you could get ahold of somone.  I see lots of "Noir" channels in the Channel Store.  It wouldn't surprise me if under the hood a lot of them are by the same developer trying to flood the Channel Store and/or use the same public domain videos.  The four you mention all use what Roku refers to as "Direct Publisher".  Direct Publisher channels are going away early 2024, so the developers will have to put a little effort into their channels if they want to keep offering them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos