Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhmanderson
Reel Rookie

Insanely LOUD Commercials ONLY on Roku Channel

Jump to solution

I've read the past reviews that have taken place for what appears to be going on 4 years, yet it seems as though this is still a problem.  I just began watching the ROKU channel, but it will probably not be long before I don't watch it anymore.  If i'm in bed watching TV, volume is just loud enough to clearly hear the show that i'm watching and then COMMERCIALS come on at what seems like almost twice the volume of the show- that's not good.  It doesn't happen to me on any other app that I use.  Just the ROKU channel.  Please take into consideration that this has been a problem for a long time and consider trying to fix it??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insanely LOUD Commercials ONLY on Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

We understand how frustrating it can be when commercials on The Roku Channel are too loud. We're here to help and will do our best to assist you. 

Movies and television shows can have a wide range of sounds but using the volume modes on your compatible Roku streaming device lets you enjoy a more even listening experience. Switch to Automatic Volume Leveling to hear more consistent audio levels across various types of entertainment, making it less jarring when a commercial comes on or while switching channels. Use Night Mode to reduce the volume level for louder scenes and boost it for quieter ones, letting you watch late-night TV without disturbing others.

For more detailed information about how to use volume modes on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to use volume modes on your Roku streaming device

Please keep us updated on any developments and we'll be glad to help you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Joanne2013
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes me as well. I went into set up on Roku and went to sounds and made it softer. You get 3 choices loud medium quiet. I think. I spent hours in set up looking for some else and it did make it some what quieter but now the program is not loud enough. It's stupid to have explosively commercials and some times the programs are way to loud. Cheers Jo-anne 

BruceCM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why not do what I do....use the mute button during commercials.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

We understand how frustrating it can be when commercials on The Roku Channel are too loud. We're here to help and will do our best to assist you. 

Movies and television shows can have a wide range of sounds but using the volume modes on your compatible Roku streaming device lets you enjoy a more even listening experience. Switch to Automatic Volume Leveling to hear more consistent audio levels across various types of entertainment, making it less jarring when a commercial comes on or while switching channels. Use Night Mode to reduce the volume level for louder scenes and boost it for quieter ones, letting you watch late-night TV without disturbing others.

For more detailed information about how to use volume modes on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to use volume modes on your Roku streaming device

Please keep us updated on any developments and we'll be glad to help you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jhmanderson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As others have stated previously, those settings do not exist on my television or theirs obviously. So your suggestion is not an option. How about fixing the problem on your end. There in lies the issue, not how we have our audio settings programmed.