Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADobbie
Reel Rookie

In the UK but can't find BBC iPlayer, Now TV and other UK channels. What on earth am I doing wrong?

I am in the Uk and have a Roku Express 4k. Bought yesterday (12 Jun 23). I have been unable to find BBC iPlayer, NOW TV, Freeview or anything UK-specific. Have researched online and everywhere says these are available but can't find on the Roku website channel store or on the Roku interface itself. What am I missing? Any help gratefully received!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: In the UK but can't find BBC iPlayer, Now TV and other UK channels. What on earth am I doing wro

@ADobbie-

Are you:

• Linked to a Roku account that was created while in somewhere other than the UK?
  • Connecting to the internet via a VPN that masks your location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ADobbie
Reel Rookie

Re: In the UK but can't find BBC iPlayer, Now TV and other UK channels. What on earth am I doing wro

Neither of the above. I set up the account yesterday while in the UK. I can actually see the iPlayer and NOW TV apps I want on the Roku website but when I go to add them the option to add them is greyed out. A friend I work with has the same device and hasn’t had any issues at all. It’s very frustrating.

0 Kudos