Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanopit1
Reel Rookie

Iheart App question,trying to get the artist playing from that app on the roku app page to show up

I got the iheart on my roku device,how do I get it to show which artist is playing from my roku device on the tv..It will show who's playing on my phone but not when I use it from the Roku Iheart app.I hope I explained that right..

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Iheart App question,trying to get the artist playing from that app on the roku app page to show

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Deanopit1!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about streaming the iHeart TV channel on your Roku. We'd be happy to help you contact the right support for this.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. It will be highly effective if you directly reach out to the channel provider for further assistance and clarifications.

You may reach them here: iHeart TV Support

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Iheart App question,trying to get the artist playing from that app on the roku app page to show

Roku-comps -

Roku-compatible channel apps are developed by the channel developers themselves.  The only ones developed by Roku are The Roku Channel, Roku Media Player, and a few Roku informational channels about Rokus and their use.  For everything else Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

IHeartRadio, and every other Roku channel app, can only do what the channel app has been programmed to do.  Just like computer apps that must be modified by their developers to run on Windows, Apple, or Unix computer systems, streaming apps must be adapted to run on Roku, Apple, or, Google devices.  Programmers don't always provide the same options and capabilities on all systems.  If you would like to see a feature from a different platform available on Roku, only the app's developer can make this happen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos