Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrein16nc
Channel Surfer

Re: Icons resized on home page

With the Sci Fi theme they aren’t gone but you have to arrow over to see them.  @Gotothebeach posted how to get rid of top row continue watching & that worked, but no clues yet how to resize the icons or have individual inputs show on Home Screen.  I haven’t yet gone to 3rd party websites yet so want to see if problem comes back without that step.  Here is what @Gotothebeach posted:

Posting here as well.  Roku implemented this for third party apps to gather information on what is watched to bring users back to the third party app.  Google "continue watching Roku developers".  To get rid of it, I did the following and it worked:

1.  Press * for Options on each show in continue watching and select hide or remove (don't recall word used).

2.  Press * for Options on the Add Channels and Sleep Timer icons on Home Screen and remove. This removes all shortcuts on Home Screen, which Continue Watching fell under.

3.  Go into Settings-Home screen and hide What to Watch, Featured Free and Shortcuts.

4.  I also removed the Roku channel icon, pressed * for Options on the ad to right of Home Screen and selected hide, reset advertising identifier under Settings-Privacy-Advertising and deselected Personalized Ads and Smart TV Experience, and logged in to the actual website of each third party app through a computer deselected sharing of information with third parties.  Not sure all of this was necessary, but Roku obligates the the third parties to obtain a user's consent to show the Continue Watching on Roku.

killweav
Binge Watcher

Thank you for the detailed information. I actually just went to Apple store and bought the Apple TV. I can't believe what I've been missing in terms of the interface and the smoothness of it. I am very pleased with my Apple TV. I had no room emotionally to continue with Roku. They have been disappointing me for the past year ever since they introduced those ads on the lower left of your screen. It's not worth it anymore. My Apple TV is set up with all my subscriptions and I am extremely happy with the experience. The sign in process for all those services was easier and simplified. It helps that I have an iPhone. Their new remote has voice assistant too. Look, I was a huge fan of Roku for over 10 years. I had their earliest stuff. I did the cable cutting thing a long time ago and never went back. Instead, I invested in their top of the line player and I got a ton of use out of it, buying 3 Ultra models over the years. I never looked at Apple TV as a solution because I was loyal to Roku. But, now that has changed. With the Apple TV, I'm like "where have you been all my life?" At this time, Roku is a struggling company with too many product SKUs. If they cut down on their SKUs they would decrease expenses instead of trying to make up for it with ads. We as a consumer are paying for bad business decisions at leadership lever. I mean, how many different TVs and streaming player options do they really need? If they focused on less hardware options, they would have more cash and less need to force us to focus on their ads. Just my opinion. Thanks again for your answer and research. I'm done with them at this point. 

benson56
Reel Rookie

Everybody is right.  New tile size sucks,  clearly was done to enlarge ad size.  As a senior citizen I don' like the added eye strain.

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Same issue on this thread:

Channel Icons Are Very Small Now 

I think you posted first, same here, sizing goes back & forth on my smaller set, I also lose the Continue Watching, & What to Watch options.

0 Kudos

• Here is my tv

Picture has no upload option? 

frank dodgen

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Frankdodgen,

Thank you for your post.

We seem to have limited information about this issue you're having. Would you mind elaborating so we can provide an accurate resolution? What picture do you mean?

We'll appreciate your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CHNJ

I had just the opposite happen, turned on the TV tonight and my icons for all the different selections are gigantic and I can’t see them all on the screen anymore

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@CHNJ, that sounds like someone inadvertently pressed the zoom or picture size button on the TV's remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos