Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisacon
Reel Rookie

I paid for a subscription on ROKU but unable to access, will ROKU refund?

I contact Acorn TV they tell me to contact ROKU - is there even a way to contact ROKU?  ROKU "help" says to go to Acorn, both are AI and neither are HELPING?    I now wish I had subscribed through Acorn without ROKU. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I paid for a subscription on ROKU but unable to access, will ROKU refund?

If you subscribe to any service thru Roku, you can find the subscription listed under your user account on your account web page (https://my.roku.com). If you can't find anything listed there, then Roku can't help you with your subscription. If it is listed there, you can cancel it there, although you won't get a refund, the subscription will end at the end of your current subscribed period. 

You really hadn't told us what the issue is. Are you saying that you can't use the Acorn TV channel because it won't accept your login? Usually when you subscribe to something thru Roku, that service is only available through The Roku Channel, and not using the stand-alone channel. Since I don't have that service, I can't say for certain if that's the way it works on a Roku. If you desire to access their content on something other than a Roku, then you must subscribe directly with the provider. This support page provides additional detail about handling your subscriptions through Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
lisacon
Reel Rookie

Re: I paid for a subscription on ROKU but unable to access, will ROKU refund?

Thank you Dan,

I have done that - it leads to yet another opportunity to sign up for a membership via Roku.  I am thinking BBB is a next step after asking my credit card to reverse the charges.  I have decided Roku is run by AI, there seems no way to communicate with a real person, it is very disheartening.

0 Kudos