Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rooster7
Reel Rookie

Newsmax Plus subscription still doesn't work

Its been over two weeks now.  I paid for the annual subscription, then the next day I got Newsmax plus.  The day after that, till now, nothing.  It says I have been signed out, and tells me the wonderful "errorCode" which essentially means nothing.  I log into Roku and it shows newsmax as one of my subscriptions, an active subscription, but won't work on roku tv.  No answers at all on rook customer service.  No help in any way.  So I have essentially wasted $52 and change on a product I have not received in any way.  The chat robot or whatever it is on Roku doesn't work in any way.

No help in any way from anyone.

sdpper
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax Plus subscription still doesn't work

Yeah, Newsmax appears to have launched before they were ready.  I have the same problem multiple times per day.  To fix it I just entered my 16-character password all over again.  It's a real pain and takes several minutes to enter using the Roku remote.  But on the bright side I've done it so many times I've almost memorized it.  Another option I suppose is to change the password to a short easily remembered password.

Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Re: I paid for NewsMax+ but still HAVE NOT been able to watch it yet!!

I have been struggling with the same problem with my paid subscription to Newsmax since it transitioned to Newsmax+. Roku support has been very difficult to find and does not seem to be very responsive to attempts to contact them. Very frustrating!

BotheFo
Reel Rookie

My Newsmax plus subscription worked on Roku for a few days, but now it doesn’t recognize the annual subscription I paid for. I cant watch on any other device because they don’t recognize the annual subscription either. The rollout of Newsmax plus seems rushed and has been bungled quite badly.

”If you liked Newsmax you’re really gonna hate Newsmax plus!”

I reached out to Newsmax, but no response (of course) 

Cjforry
Reel Rookie

I paid for Newsmax+, but can’t watch it. I tried to cancel it but it won’t let you cancel. I tried to cancel to get my money back and it just said that it will cancel a year from the date that I signed up for it. I just want my money back!! So Roku send my money back to me..

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Yep, and don't feel like the Lone Ranger as I'm struggling with the same thing. Cannot view any of the on demand programming since paying the annual subscription fee in early November. Someone from Roku and/or Newsmax needs to assist their paying customers, or lose them altogether.

0 Kudos
BotheFo
Reel Rookie

Roku was nice enough to refund my annual subscription. I subscribed directly through Newsmax plus and I can watch through my phone and computer. The Roku Newsmax app doesn’t even give me the option to input my new user name and password though. There’s not even an option to delete the app so it can be reinstalled. 

0 Kudos
dspear53

I paid for November, no NewsMax+. The Auto Renewal just paid for December, I still can't get it.  Can anyone tell me how or if they resolved this problem?

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Yep, and I did the same thing with an annual subscription the first week of November and have been unable to view any of the on-demand programming. The website appears to be confused on whether a customer is signed in and it asks for a monthly subscription but any attempts to accept payment prompts an error message "payment failed". This is becoming very frustrating for those of us who were regular viewers of the Newsmax programming, so we hope that our complaints are being addressed.

0 Kudos
Cjforry
Reel Rookie

How did Roku refund your money? I want my money refunded. They just want to cancel my subscription so it won’t auto renew next year, well geesh I can’t even watch it this year!! So how did you actually get ahold of someone to get your money refunded??

0 Kudos