Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ponytaft
Channel Surfer

Re: I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

company is obviously not helping their clientele with major product issues.  My new Roku is malfunctioning and it is not Roku owners issue or responsibility; it’s Roku’s. It is Roku responsibility to support end users. If product is malfunctioning within warranty period it is ethically correct to offer full support by sending RMA number to mail back malfunctioning devises so Roku can inspect/conduct testing to assure or not assure product stability. After a quick review of Roku responses it’s clear you are using shady word tactics over and over again to avoid standing behind behind your product warranty. Your warranty instructions state the end user needs a RMA number to return the defective product. With no way to mail back your defective product unless we have an RMA number we are stuck with an inferior product. You should be ashamed of yourselves conducting shady business tactics to avoid warranty guarantee. I know I am speaking for the multiple people with recent complaints about new devises to challenge Roku to stand behind their products and support warranty claims with these malfunctioning products. Every Roku issue should be taken seriously and end users should never be told if it’s not happening to everyone we are not willing to spend any time to examine the issue. 

Graceyjane
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues. I've tried everything including buying a new Roku.  All their normal useless suggestions don't work. I've sent pics and videos.  I've sent all the so called required info they say they need. My Roku channel display, how the page looks is different. The layout when you select a video is different so I'm guessing they did updates and their are glitches in the system on their end not ours.  It's been going on for at least 2-3 weeks. It's aggravating. I'm about to buy a fire stick and return the new Roku I bought. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Graceyjane you didn't provide any of the necessary information.

• What model Roku?
  • Exactly what issues are you having?

This thread has too many different things reported, so your statement you have the "same" issues doesn't tell us anything. You did mention something about the Roku Channel looks "different". In what way? Could you provide a picture of what you see, and tell us how it's different than you expect?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Graceyjane
Reel Rookie

The Roku channel issues. No Roku channel will play. The layout of screen is different. There is a new channel on my Roku today called Shout! Factory TV.  It's not free. You get a trial period.  You all are making changes in your system. Why not just say that? Your customer service is poor at best. The layout is different. Where you click on a show to watch and it opens that screen has had changed on where things are laid out.  My guess is you're going to start charging for Roku now. 

Model: 3960RW

0 Kudos
Nate7

YouTube stopped working on my TCL Roku TV about two days ago. There was a noticeable slow down of the entire OS, with lag between clicking a button and the action actually occuring. Then when I launch YouTube, after the Roku channel logo screen it just goes to a black screen. Navigating and trying to play a video blindly doesn't do anything. I can start a video from the YouTube app on my phone, but there is no UI on the TV and I can't control anything from the TV. It doesn't even show "playing next," it just freezes the current video on the last frame for a few seconds then starts another video. The only remote button that does anything with the YouTube app open is Home. The light on the TV blinks when I press other buttons, but there is no response. I removed the channel, restarted, and added it back. Twice. No change in behavior. I checked for system updates, it shows last update was 5/19 and no new updates available. Also updated all channels but there's nothing for YouTube. Hulu and Prime seem to work, but there is also a lot of lag between remote input and action in those.

0 Kudos
Tiascott39

I agree, especially when we are paying to watch these shows.I can't get it to play and been trying all day ,and still nothing has changed.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku channel since you can't play any content. We will be glad to help, but we will need a couple of details to further investigate this issue that you're running into. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to our appropriate Roku team and further investigate this issue.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
outlaw30-06
Binge Watcher

SGW1 “My recent challenge is Max. Was working, now (last 2 weeks) does not. Have tried all updates (all current) and a delete Max and reload. Seems to be only on Max. I can get the blue Max screen and to the shows list, but I cannot run any episodes of anything on Max. Talked to 2 Max customer service wizards to no effect. Instead of episodes, I get a black Technical Error message.”

I had the exact same problem for a month. Could not get any help from Roku support, these alleged streaming experts, or Max’s technical department either. What I did to solve the issue on my own, and hopefully it will work for you.… First, I highlighted the max channel on the Roku home screen, press the star key on my remote and canceled the subscription. I then did a factory reset on my Roku player. Then I added the max channel back and resubscribed. That solved the issue. After weeks of going back-and-forth with Roku, Roku, community streaming experts.(allegedly), and several Macs, technical support representatives, all to no avail, and with no help from any, I tried the above steps as a last resort, and it finally worked. Let me know if it works for you. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

As a reminder, when you remove a channel you MUST reboot the Roku before adding it back. If you don't, it was never fully removed and any potential bug in the code might remain. @outlaw30-06 when you did a factory reset, that accomplished the same thing, and is likely why it began working again for you. 

I used MAX last week while I was traveling. I had no problem watching several titles completely from start to finish. And this was on a slow hotel WiFi network, using my Stick 4K+. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ro17

Prime video.netflix.paramount plus

0 Kudos