Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tlopez79
Reel Rookie

I keep getting booted out of apps

Netflix is about the only thing I can watch but only for a short time before being kicked out and sent back to the home screen.  I signed up for a trial of AMC+ and I can not play anything.  It kicks me out as well.  My internet connection is excellent so I dont know what the problem is unless it's the Roku Express I just purchased 2 days ago. 

8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: I keep getting booted out of apps

Hey @Tlopez79

Thanks for the post. 

Could you tell us how your Roku Express is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tlopez79
Reel Rookie

It is plugged directly into the wall. It is still kicking me out of programs.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them is all it needs.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

If a restart doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
beantownsouth
Reel Rookie

Same here. Boots me out of Pluto, Roku, Tubi and others. It's constant. I have to continually update it, then force a manual restart. And the TV is configured to auto update.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @beantownsouth

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you tried the suggestion I provided in my post above? I'd recommend starting there then let us know if there's any difference after.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PB678

Me too!

0 Kudos
PB678

That did not do the trick

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @PB678

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? Please also provide us with the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos