Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AEWS

I have an active Roku Britbox subscription and programs suddenly stopped responding.

I have a TCL Roku TV and an active Britbox on Roku subscription.  Yesterday, all Britbox programs have stopped responding to clicks of the remote.  

There is no connection problem and no other channels seem to be affected.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have an active Roku Britbox subscription and programs suddenly stopped responding.

@AEWS 

Try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure for the Britbox channel/app and see if that resolves issue.

1. Remove Britbox channel/app.

2. Restart the RokuTV from Settings/System/Power/System Restart

3. Reinstall Britbox channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: I have an active Roku Britbox subscription and programs suddenly stopped responding.

Since you say your Britbox subscription is through Roku...

When you highlight the channel in your channel grid and press the * button on your Roku remote, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe later if you like.) Now the "Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Now restart your Roku and reinstall the channel.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lisa818
Reel Rookie

There is no unsubscribe option, there is only “manage subscription” which only allows you to resubscribe , I’m having the same issue with the viaplay Roku channel.

0 Kudos
DBvela

We are having the same problem almost exactly with mgm+. Reset the app, reset the roku itself, it won't let us Uninstall the channel. No other channel on our roku has been affected 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Lisa818& @DBvela -

For a channel subscription made through Roku...

When you highlight the channel in your channel grid and press the * button on your Roku remote, there will be no "Remove channel" option.  Removing the channel does not cancel the subscription as many people have assumed, so Roku won't let you remove the channel while you are subscribed to it through Roku.  Instead, the "Remove channel" option will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions".

To unsubscribe:
-- Don't worry, you'll still have use of the channel for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period, it just won't auto-renew when your subscription runs out. You can reinstate this subscription later if you like.
-- Click "Manage subscriptions" and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel.
-- Now the "Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

To assure you get a clean re-installation of the channel app's current version, before you reinstall the channel, be sure to restart your Roku to clear its memory cache.  Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power"  or if not there, under "Settings > System".

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos