Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retnug
Reel Rookie

I have a subscription through Starz, but can't access Starz through Roku

I have tried numerous times to access Starz, but everytime it tells me that the app is too old.  When I go out and update Starz,, when I come back it tells me the same thing

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a subscription through Starz, but can't access Starz through Roku

What's the Model Number and Software Version displayed under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
retnug
Reel Rookie

I have done a system reset, but it still doesn't work

0 Kudos
retnug
Reel Rookie

MD # IS 3500X, 

Software version is 11.0.0

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@retnug-

Your Roku 3500 is an early Streaming Stick product released in 2014 that is no longer receiving support from Roku.  It cannot be updated beyond the Roku 11.0 operating software version it now has.  There have been two Roku releases since then, 11.5 and 12.0.

Numerous major channels state they no longer support Streaming Sticks below model number 3600, or are newer channels that never supported them in the first place, among them are Apple TV, Directv Stream, Disney+, ESPN, Hulu, Peacock, YouTubeTV, and Xfinity.

Starz Supported Device page for Roku lists only:

• 2nd Generation Roku 2, 3, and 4
  • Roku Stick

This appears to be hopelessly out of date.  There is no mention of any current models that obviously work.  (Current products are Generation 9 & 10).  And I suspect Starz may have dropped support for at least some those early models as well.

It's time to retire that 3500 and get an up to date model that will run all current channel apps.  For one thing, it uses a remote unique to that model that is no longer available anywhere should you need to replace it, and the features, capabilities, and responsiveness of newer models will make you wish you had upgraded a long time ago.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rpuma30723

Me either and there's no help on here 

0 Kudos
renojim

@rpuma30723, we need a lot more information.  Start with what I asked above - what's the model number and software version displayed under Settings->System->About?  Do you have a subscription directly with Starz or through Roku (or through something like Amazon)?  Are you trying to access Starz through their stand-alone channel/app or through The Roku Channel?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos