Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lainie
Reel Rookie

I am unable to watch Newsmax+ on more than one TV at the same time

Please note:  This is a copy of what I sent Newsmax +.

I still can't watch Newsmax+ on more than one TV at a time on Roku. This has been going on since the paid changes were made. Please advise as I will also send it to Roku as both blame each other for this. I have been with Newsmax before and after the change from free to paid and I paid since the beginning, but I am considering canceling my subscription to Newsmax+. I don't know who has this problem as I'm sure I am not the only one. Please reply and help. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am unable to watch Newsmax+ on more than one TV at the same time

If Newsmax is blaming Roku, they are shining you on. Only the provider can restrict the number of simultaneous streams on a user's account. That's not something Roku (or any other platform provider) could ever control.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am unable to watch Newsmax+ on more than one TV at the same time

@Lainie 

If you are using Roku Pay for your Newsmax subscription, you may need to verify that all your TVs are using the same Roku account. (email address)

Go to Settings/System/About and look at the email address (which is your Roku account) and make sure they are the same on all your devices.

If you are paying Newsmax directly, then you should be able to view on any supported device (and your Roku devices do not need to be linked to same account in this case).

Just a heads-up, dealing with Newsmax support in the past was a royal pain.  Never used their paid service, but they were less than helpful and responsive to users in the past when their channel/app was free and had issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos