Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I I have two roku's in my house one upstairs and downstairs they quit working last night same time

Last night both of the rokus in my house stopped working and they are ones upstairs ones downstairs they're not connected in any way not on the Internet or anything with the accounts it's two different accounts they were also bought at two separate times like months apart and they both stopped working and it's not connecting to the internet that's what's happening but the internet is working fine cuz I have phones and other things that are connected to the internet and it's working fine so I need some help with somebody please give me some advice

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: I I have two roku's in my house one upstairs and downstairs they quit working last night same ti

Model numbers would help, but I’ll take a guess:  Some of Roku’s most basic models use 2.4GHz Wi-Fi only.  Some Routers (especially ISP rental routers) have been known to get automatic firmware updates that turn off 2.4GHz.  So, you need to login to the router and turn it back on.  Another more subtle problem is that some routers get an update that turns b mode off by default – ie: you’ll see wireless modes g/n enabled but what you want is b/g/n.

Banned but back. Because why not?