Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deedee74
Channel Surfer

I BEG YOU STOP STOP STOP WITH THE SAME COMMERCIAL LOOP ON ROKU LIVE TV

I don't mind commercials. At all. But FOR THE LOVE OF GOD it's driving us all to madness having to hear the EXACT SAME 5 COMMERCIALS OVER AND OVER AND OVER for what, over 7 months now??? NO MORE That's now we rooollll...on the rich eisen show TO ANOTHER LEVEL!! Weird Al I love Rocky Road Martha Stewart best life every freaking 10 minutes I am loosing my MIND. I work from home and like to keep Dateline on in the background but I just CAN'T deal anymore with this torturous loop. I will never watch or support any of these shows anymore, strictly out of spite. I literally want to murder Rich Eisen at this point. HAVE MERCY ROKU.

38 REPLIES 38
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I BEG YOU STOP STOP STOP WITH THE SAME COMMERCIAL LOOP ON ROKU LIVE TV

@deedee74 

For your sanity, you might want to try watching Dateline 24/7 on the Pluto channel/app Live TV. (free)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

JMT62
Reel Rookie

Thank you very much. I can't even watch the things I like because of  Weird Al Yankovic and all these other repetitive commercials. I have to change channels quickly or I'll go nuts. I'm thinking they're doing this on purpose. 

A big ditto on the same commercials being played over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over .. and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over. Rat bastards! DO something about your OVERWHELMINGLY ANNOYING same commercials loop. Fire the programmer. Play music. Have the screen go blank. Anything OTHER than over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... Until you do, you suck Roku! And I'll be uninstalling your app and going over to Pluto!

deedee74
Channel Surfer

I just did the same! God bless PLUTO!!

deedee74
Channel Surfer

THANK YOU! Just did!

Nealbob
Reel Rookie

You're right. I'm so frustrated with the same thing constantly repeating that I have stopped watching roku as much. It's more stress than it's worth. 

Birdman23

I'm brand new to Ruku and streaming, I thought I was doing something wrong!   Are they retarded???   I'm a few days in, and about to throw it in the garbage.  YouTubeTV seems to have the same issue as well!   Maybe back to DirecTV

Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

Getting the paid YouTube family plan is well worth it because you don't have to look at any of the commercials! I hope they still have the plan we got because it's quite cheap per family if you get the maximum number of families you're allowed to include in the plan! I was watching over at a friend's house and I could not believe the commercials! Commercial free YouTube is well well worth it and if you use the family plan it's very affordable!

deedee74
Channel Surfer

I actually don't mind commercials at all, just not when it's the SAME 5 COMMERCIALS on a loop FOR MONTHS STRAIGHT. I switched to Pluto to watch all-day Dateline as suggested here.