Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TWDay
Level 8

Re: Hulu keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

My Roku 2 suddenly started doing the same thing last night. I powered down the system, did a System restart, deleted and reinstalled the Hulu app, and it's still the same problem. Only Hulu, too. Netflix, the Roku channel, several network news channels, and others all work fine. Hulu will display the usual collection of channels, including my Watchlist, but when I select a program to watch it will show about 5 seconds of the introduction and blow me back to the Hulu opening screen.

Endora
Level 8

Jump to solution

The Hulu channel stopped working for me yesterday, and I have not been able to get it working again. I can properly load the channel, but when I try to play a show, it fails. It will initially start loading and then kick me back to the Hulu menu before it finishes.

I checked that the Roku software (10.0.0 - build 4195-06) and the Hulu channel  (4.0 - build 3)are both up to date. I removed and re-added the channel. Nothing has worked. Hulu works fine for me on the computer browser, and other channels on Roku are working fine. How do I fix Hulu?

My Roku model is 2710x - Roku 1. Per the instructions from Danny, I just created tracker ID 05-210-307.

RW58
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues with Hulu on my Roku 2. The problems started yesterday. Per Danny:

Roku 2720X (Roku 2)

1RC39E189471

10.0.0 build 4195-06

Hulu Version 4.9 build 3

Disney +, Amazon Prime, Netflix are all working fine.

Have tried all recommended troubleshooting (Uninstall channel, restart Roku, reinstall Roku etc...).

StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

This is a newer/different issue than the original issue mentioned in this thread: 

It affects 27x0 models (it doesnt exit to Roku home, it exits to Hulu home after first attempting to load the stream) w/OS10.0.0-4195 and Hulu version 4.9.3.

Theres another thread more specific to this: 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Hulu-not-working/m-p/690698

Definitely report it to @RokuDanny-R and provide system details as requested.

TWDay
Level 8

Jump to solution

You're right. That description is a better fit to our current problem.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

May 27 , started May 25,  Hulu keeps going back to Home Screen, Netflix and Amazon fine. 

0 Kudos

Re: Hulu not working

Jump to solution

I have also had the same problem for a few days:

Issue ID: 59-213-065

roku device model: 2700X Roku LT

serial number: 1PE3D7001859

software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-06

Hulu channel version: 4.9 build 3

Tags (1)
Fexa
Level 8

Jump to solution

this is happening again/still. i've uninstalled, rebooted the system and reinstalled Hulu multiple times, and the system still loads a Hulu episode, stutters for a second, then crashes. i can't get around it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tlj1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am still having this issue.  How do I fix it?  Please email me

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Fexa @tlj1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still having any issues with the Hulu channel, please provide the serial number of your Roku device.

Our engineering team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary