Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrmtactical
Level 7

Hulu problems November 18, 2021

Trying to search through Hulu for specific movies and I’m specifically looking at the TCM channel movie list.  The list has a couple of dozen movies then a button to click that says “VIEW ALL”.  I click on that button and am immediately kicked out of Hulu and back to the main Roku menu.  So, I tried this with several other streaming channels and every time you click “VIEW ALL” or “MORE” or any other related button, the app crashes and you’re immediately returned to the main Roku menu.  I have restarted the system, that doesn’t work. I updated the apps, that doesn’t work. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, that doesn’t work.  I deleted the app, restarted the system to clear the cache and then reinstalled the app…the same issue persists.  So, is this an app issue?  The app on my Sony Android TV works just fine, no issues there at all…this is a Roku specific issue and it looks to be related to the “big update” that happened d last night.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
withac2
Level 7

Re: Hulu problems November 18, 2021

My TCL Roku TV does this too. I think it's a Hulu problem, but very frustrating nonetheless. It only happened after Hulu's latest update, so I'm hoping it will be fixed with their next one, whenever that is. I'm going to go to Hulu to see if I can report the issue there. 

0 Kudos
bpking
Level 7

@Jrmtactical wrote:

Trying to search through Hulu for specific movies and I’m specifically looking at the TCM channel movie list.  The list has a couple of dozen movies then a button to click that says “VIEW ALL”.  I click on that button and am immediately kicked out of Hulu and back to the main Roku menu.  So, I tried this with several other streaming channels and every time you click “VIEW ALL” or “MORE” or any other related button, the app crashes and you’re immediately returned to the main Roku menu.  I have restarted the system, that doesn’t work. I updated the apps, that doesn’t work. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, that doesn’t work.  I deleted the app, restarted the system to clear the cache and then reinstalled the app…the same issue persists.  So, is this an app issue?  The app on my Sony Android TV works just fine, no issues there at all…this is a Roku specific issue and it looks to be related to the “big update” that happened d last night.

I am having the exact same issue and have performed the exact same steps.  This occurs on 2 different TCL TV models and my Roku Ultra devices.  

0 Kudos
Emr1
Level 7

I don’t think this is a Hulu problem because when we log into Hulu on our Amazon fire stick we do not have the problem. When you click “View all” all options open up. 

0 Kudos
Jmollan
Level 7

Hulu says it is a roku and Hulu problem that they are working on. Nothing can be done on our part.

0 Kudos