Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slayingorcs
Reel Rookie

Hulu not available on Roku Ultra?

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku Ultra (4820X) and cannot locate the Hulu app to download it. Disney+ works fine. I updated all the software to the latest version -- there is no more updating to be done.

I see that Hulu pulled support for some legacy devices, and that's all the information I can find. I assume this brand new device is not a legacy device?

I also cannot contact a support agent with this device for some reason, even though it's apparently the "flagship" Roku device. 

Really odd experience for a brand new customer trying to find a new ecosystem for their streaming.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hulu not available on Roku Ultra?

Jump to solution

Hmm... if it doesn't show up when you search the "Streaming Store" on your device then that's often an indication that there's something wrong with your Roku account like it's associated with the wrong region.  I don't know of a reliable way to figure out what region a Roku account is associated with, but if when you browse "Streaming Store" you see apps that you've never heard of because they're Canadian or UK providers then you can bet your account is messed up.  Unfortunately, the only way to fix such a problem is to factory reset your device and start over again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

I assume you mean 4802.  Where are you located?  Can you add it from this link?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/f76641b3d5ac45cfde74ee8361bda4bc/hulu

slayingorcs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes 4802, my mistake.

And the Add Channel button is grayed out in that link.

0 Kudos
slayingorcs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh and I am located in the USA. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Hmm... if it doesn't show up when you search the "Streaming Store" on your device then that's often an indication that there's something wrong with your Roku account like it's associated with the wrong region.  I don't know of a reliable way to figure out what region a Roku account is associated with, but if when you browse "Streaming Store" you see apps that you've never heard of because they're Canadian or UK providers then you can bet your account is messed up.  Unfortunately, the only way to fix such a problem is to factory reset your device and start over again.

slayingorcs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This was indeed the issue. I used my phone to create the account which was connected to a VPN. So the account region was all screwed up. Good catch and thank you!

0 Kudos