Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu no longer available on this Roku device

Jump to solution

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY! Roku dropped support for a one-off model with a unique chipset. Most other services still work. It's Disney's greed and cost cutting that they didn't want to spend money supporting a model unsupported by the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Fedupoftrying1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would be nice if Roku actually had the decency to advise us of these changes and what we can do to continue to watch Hulu and Disney+.  Maybe if we all cancelled our subscriptions they would treat us a bit better.   

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Fedupoftrying1 Your beef is with Disney, not Roku. Disney decided to no longer support the Roku 4. Yes, Roku has also discontinued support for the 4400, but historically channels that worked on support-discontinued devices continued working for years before they finally would no longer work. Disney decided to completely remove support from the 4400, even though the player was/is still perfectly capable of supporting the channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos