Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Menotu
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

It’s time to drop HULU. They think they are invincible. I’m currently looking to move to YouTube live. Let Disney choke on their woke censorship. 

Jim9284

Jump to solution

Everybody is having the same problem watching live Fox News on Hulu but don’t forget Disney owns Hulu. I think that tells at all.!!!

btwind

Jump to solution

we are having the same issue - contacted Hulu and Hulu is saying that it's a roku issue and that roku and hulu are working together to fix the issue.  I'm not feeling very confident about that.  told Hulu that if this is a political issue i will gladly take my business elsewhere - same goes for roku

inhelena
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if this is a Hulu or Roku issue.  I experience this issue with the TVs that have Roku sticks but not with the TV that uses Apple TV for streaming.  I thought about changing from Hulu to a different streaming service but now I'm not so sure that i shouldn't dump Roku.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Disney owns most of, but not all, of Hulu. Comcast still has a small ownership.

No need to instantly go to conspiracy theories. Odds are, at the top of the hour, there is some form of re-authentication or something between Hulu and Fox and Roku. Something about that is failing and causing the Hulu app to crash. It's mainly up to Hulu to either find the bug, or work with Fox News to find out what about their data is causing the crash.

ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Model 3930x - Roku Express

Serial #  x00400FVTNYS (S008209VTNYS)

Software version 12.0.0 * build 4184-AE

GC Version 9.3.516

TimeStamp 2023-06-17T15:03:35Z

Issue IDYS-241-383

For me this occurs when I am watching Fox News (never happened to me on another channel)

I am using Roku on three different TV's.  Each Roko device was purchased separately and have slight differences

The problem occurs in the same manner on each TV

It occurs hourly at 3 minutes after the hour

0 Kudos
trouble48746
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Same here, It only happens on Fox News and always at the top of the hour, give or take a couple minutes. 
You can go through the remedy shown but that’s useless!

Hulu says they’re aware and working on a fix but I’m not holding my breath!

0 Kudos
btwind

Jump to solution

follow up to my previous message - after reading multiple viewer complaints about this issue, we did our own home test across multiple TVs.  TV1 - signed into to Hulu, watching fox news, TV2 - signed in to Hulu watching US Open, TV3 - signed in to Hulu through smart tv, watching fox news.  TV1 shut off hulu and back to ROKU screen at 10:02 and 11:03 - both other TVs stayed on channel, no issues.  Changed TV3 to Hulu through Roku, watching fox news and TV3 shut off hulu and back to Roku screen at 12:01.  This cannot be a coincidence.  I cannot find a workable chat in Roku or a phone number to call.  I am working on connecting to all of my apps through the smart TVs and will be closing my Roku account as soon as I am completed.   Very disappointed.  I've been using Roku for years.  Time to teach an old dog new tricks!

Menotu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We tried the same thing. We have a Vizio smart tv in our bedroom. We have 2 roku devices on two other tv’s, we also have a roku tv in our camper. 
The Vizio in our bedroom did not drop the Fox News broadcast. But the one in the living room with a roku device did. 
Also, with the Roku television in our camper whenever we go camping and try to log into the Roku television, or even Hulu, it won’t let us do it because we’re not at our home ZIP Code. I think that’s just wrong since they’re going to charge us while we’re gone why should we not be able to watch it when we’re at the beach so I’m gonna get rid of all my Roku and go to a Firestick or some other type of streaming device. I’ve had it. 

0 Kudos
GMAN187

Jump to solution

Howdy

i have SAME / SIMULAR ONLY on “ Fix News”.

Given a liken to Honesty etc.

ONLY Channel providing True Topics as well facts

i am pretty SURE “ They”, INDEED are Purposly SABOTAGE Serious !!!

MAKES  ME  VERY  ANGRY !!

” You wont like it when i am Angry”!!!!

Grrrrrr.     ( lol)

0 Kudos