Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thost19
Streaming Star

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Well....spoke too soon. Tried the factory reset on another Roku Express 4k+ I have and it does not work. After 30 minutes of Hulu Live TV it closed out to the home screen. Tried everything so far. One of my Roku Express played tv for over 2 hrs without shutting off after a factory reset. My other Express 4k+ still canceled out to the home screen after 30 minutes following a factory reset. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I'm experiencing. After about 30 mins on Hulu Live, it kicks back to the Roku home screen. The resolutions previously provided do not help.

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And the Roku admins are no longer responding with their automated responses. Hulu is completely ignoring this growing issue in their forums also.

gwigington
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

The responses by Ruku and Hulu do not fix anything nor do they address the reason why it only happens on Fox News on multiple devices. Take your politics out of my paid subscription!

Spring23

Re: Hulu + Live App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

This has been going on for 2 weeks. I have spent tons of time with Hulu, removing app, Power cycle, etc. I have 2 firestick and 2 roku. It is only happening on the Roku. Will play for about 30 minutes or so and then reverts back to home screen. I have done everything. I am thinking it is a Roku issue. Maybe an update "broke" it.

0 Kudos
67batman

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Me too

MilSpec_ATV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Cookie-cutter responses are not only useless, they're insulting. Of course these "fixes" won't work. The issue has nothing to do with connectivity and everything to do with the application. Hulu has confirmed this. My suggestion for the future is to completely read the issue, consult with the "tech script" and formulate a useful response that relates to the actual issue. Customer Service 101

0 Kudos
Jdjacobs57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is happening to me as well. We have multiple TVs using the Hulu streaming app and it happens on every TV. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

mmatty

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Tried all recommended fixes.  Nothing worked.  Sure would be nice to get some official guidance from HULU/Roku as to their awareness of the issue and a time line for this matter being addressed. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos