Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

I am not hopeful that a fix is coming.  I think I saw that this was a problem around this time in 2022.  At that time the same fix was provided.  I am curious as to why this was a problem then but when I started with HULU/Roku around the beginning of the year it wasn't an issue for me until June.

John_61
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

2nd try at posting... I have the same issue with only fox news using roku stick and hulu. Multiple tv's have the same issue. 2-3 minutes past the top of the hour i am returned to the roku menu. However, I just watched a few hour on my android tablet with the hulu app and did not have an issue so I am not sure where the problem is. Very annoying,  i may try another streaming service.

RobInNC

Jump to solution

My dad said its has been happening to him on Fox News and only that channel the last two days. He's looking for other streaming options.

bluesingincat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The same thing happening to me. Fox News crashes to the home screen every hour, on the hour. Only happens watching Fox News live on Hulu. All other live channels work fine. I spoke with a Hulu agent who informed me that they were aware of the problem and were working to fix it. I saw another thread from 2019 in which people were relating the same issue with Hulu live, but there was no mention of a particular channel having the issue. I hate to think this is about politics, but if it isn’t resolved soon I will find another streaming service.

#Hulu #Live #Crashing #FoxNews

kalkazoo

Jump to solution

This happens to me also. My living room TV has a Roku stick and started out constantly buffering only on Fox News. I have a Roku Tv in the bedroom that up until today did not have this problem but every hour I get kicked off of Fox News while watching Hulu. My living room Tv is LG so I am using my Tv app to watch Hulu and I am not getting kicked out only when I use Hulu through Roku. 

mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You might want to try adding the ROKU fox app at:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/6a640503ebca93e5b1becda6ff800d62/fox-news-channel

I don't get fox through HULU but, HULU is listed as a provider, when you need to activate the fox app.  You'll need to scroll down, under others, to find it but, it's worth a try. might work

bluesingincat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a shot.

0 Kudos
REHefner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here. Top of the hour - - Fox News drops off back to Roku main menu. Hulu tech support yesterday told me they are aware of the problem and are working towards a remedy. Seems strange that it's the one channel but it's true.

KSpakes87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue on my Roku/Hulu with Fox News only. My mom is also having the same issue.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KSpakes87,

Thanks for reaching out here at the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channel. Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps on our support page to see if they help resolve this issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue?
If the issue remains unresolved, please be advised that many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. We suggest reaching out to Hulu's customer support team to report the issue and get help. You can contact them here.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos