Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @DeDub,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Hulu channel. Help is here. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuJechealR?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out!

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RushMan856
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

My ROKU player starting doing the same thing yesterday 06-12-23. 

Today the problem is severe, cutting back to the ROKU Home screen after only a couple minutes,

I've tried the fixes recommended here and elsewhere: Power down the ROKU device by removing power, removing the channel where the problem exists, resetting the ROKU stick via the Settings, Power menu, and adding the channel back in.

0 Kudos
Rick1313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried 3 different Rokus in my house and all have the same issue. I've done the Uninstalls and reinstalls and restarts before and after and nothing. Who are we supposed to reach out to for help. There are too many people having the same issue for it to be a restart fix... 

ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This morning I had plenty issues with HULU going back to the Roku home screen while watching Fox news; like every 15 minutes or even less.  So I finally did the remove HULU app then did a restart then added HULU back.  At first the same problem arose.  But then inexplicably all has been well.  It has been several hours of watching Fox News since the problem and I'm feeling good.  We'll see if it all gone. Thank you.  I am wondering if this solves the problem on my other TV's or will I need to do the same thing on each one of them.  

JjVv

Jump to solution

I just received a new Roku remote in the mail today, paired as per instructions included, and now Hulu plays about 5-6 minutes and goes back to home screen.  This wasn’t happening with the old remote this morning. Only when I paired the new remote did it begin.  I would go back to the old remote but the functions on the blue left/right/up/down are sticking.  New remote is authentic Roku with voice command. 

GDB026

Jump to solution

I am having this trouble on all 4 of my Roku devices.  I have tried all the suggested fixes.  I even have a Roku device plugged into a Roku TV and that doesn't work.   According to everything I read I now have to contact HULU.   It used to send me to the home screen about 3 or 4 minutes after the hour, Now it is all the time. Please help?!?

thost19
Streaming Star

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

About a week ago I started getting kicked out of Hulu live tv after about 20 or 30 minutes of viewing. Hulu closes and takes me back to the Roku Home screen. It only seems to do it when I'm watching live tv on Hulu. I haven't had the issue with other apps yet. I've restarted it, it's plugged into the wall, checked for updates....all the usual suggestions. Same roku I've had for 2 years. This is a brand new issue. Its either Hulu or Roku. 

ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well one day after I reported that it seems better after I did the suggested fix, I have the same problem.  

It is a bit different in that it does not do the break on the hour.  It now does the break just a few minutes after I start it up then it does the break randomly but with longer stretches of up time.

It is frustrating.

What I know:

It happens randomly (it used to be a few minutes after the hour)

It only happens when I am watching Hulu (It doesn't happen when I am using youtube or Prime video) 

I am watching Fox news when it happens (of course that is most of the time but when I watch golf or a show on other channels it doesn't happen)

Matt23
Reel Rookie

Watching HULU and it drops to ROKU home screen

Jump to solution

Having the same trouble everyone else is having Loosing HULU and reverting back to ROKU home screen. I have done all the tricks to resolve this posted in this forum and still no results. Still happening. 

HEY ROKU, IS THERE A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM OR DO I HAVE TO GO TO ANOTHER STREAMING PROVIDER?   Thanks , Matt.

REHefner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem. It's a Roku issue because it's happening on all 3 of our Roku devices but not on the smart TV where we watch Hulu using the app on the TV.