Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flitec418

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Mine dropped 5 times in two minutes while covering President Trump’s last court appearance. Go figure

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello again I'm the one that suggested using the roku fox news app at:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/6a640503ebca93e5b1becda6ff800d62/fox-news-channel

I checked and HULU is listed as a provider when you go to activate the ROKU fox app, Therefore you should be able to use it. As far as HULU deliberately sabotaging it, not very likely. HULU is in the business to make money. They would not mess up something deliberately. They could loose subscribers.    

Billmee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine starting doing it about a week ago.   On every Roku device - both wifi and ethernet connect.   I've removed, powered down and reinstalled the app twice.   Reset Internet.   It does seem to be only FOX News.  I too have noted the 'top of hour' disconnect in many of the cases.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting about this issue that you've experienced.

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channel. We're happy to help. Can you please try this link and follow the steps? How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please be aware that many Roku channels are maintained by the channel developers themselves if the problem is still not fixed. We advise contacting Hulu's customer service department to report the problem and for assistance.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vicv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here, thought it was Hulu, but after reading all the comments, it's seems one of the commenters claim they had no problems when they were using other apps. I have the unlimted TV option on Hulu, and have it on every tV in the house (7 TV's). Happens only on Fox News, about one or two minutes after the hour. I suspected Hulu, but I am going to try and see if it happens on my Chomebook on the next hour and see what happens. I am not an IT guy, but I am full to the brim with common sense. Not going to blame politics at this time, I have learned in my 62 years on earth to leave an open mind on troubleshooting issues like this. It didn't take smart people very long to figure out where a viral disease came from, and it shouldn't be rocket science to figure this out either. I'll update you on my little test and maybe we can start drawing some conclusions that may be helpful for the really smart people that are troubleshooting the problem. 

Ismcddm

Jump to solution

It wouldn’t be the first time Fox News has been targeted.  The next time you stay in an IGH hotel like Holiday Inn, notice that Fox News isn’t listed on the room’s channel list.  They have it, but they don’t list it along with the other news channels.  That has gone on for decades.  Today it’s what we watch on television, tomorrow it’s access to our money.  Just a few lines of programming is all it takes to flip the switch.  

0 Kudos
vicv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here are the results of my test this morning, at about 8:30 AM Central Time, I had Fox News on my office tv, and on desk I had Fox News on my Chromebook ( I have the unlimited tv option). I had Fox Business on another tv, CNN on another tv, and MSNBC on another tv. All of my tv's are Roku players, the "Express Models", except for one which is an "Ultra Model". I had CNN on the "Ultra Model".  The Roku "Express Model", that had Fox News on, cuts off and goes to the goes to the "Roku Home Page" at about 9:02 AM. Fox News on my Chromebook kept working and did not cut off. All other tv's continued the broadcasting, including Fox Business. So while I still have an open mind, I tend to want to rule out Hulu being the issue. I would start with Roku, and then to Fox News, then to Hulu. It does not cut off watching Fox News on my Chromebook.

LindaKure
Reel Rookie

FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Same issue here as well.  It's been at least a week this is happening.  VERY ANNOYING

0 Kudos
Darkstonecastle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting.

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My Fox News Channel still crashes out to the roku home screen after about 5 minutes of watching on Hulu live tv. It used to be around 30 minutes. Local or any other channels are fine. I started using the Fox News channel stand alone App on roku yesterday and it was working just fine streaming the live News. I turn it on today and the app won't even open now. Just a black screen with a spinning circle. What is going on with the Fox news channel? Both the Hulu channel and app are broken. I've done all the usual restarts, reinstalls, factory reset, plugged into wall etc. All other apps and Hulu live tv channels work 100% fine with zero issues.

0 Kudos