Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfaith51
Channel Surfer

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Furthermore, I've have no problems with Hulu dropping out (Fox News or otherwise) on my Sony TV using an Xfinity Flex streaming box.  

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As has been noted many times: This is a Hulu bug because they are responsible for the Hulu app. Each device (Roku, Sony, Fire TV) requires it's own version of the software. Just because there is a problem with the Roku version doesn't mean Roku is responsible for Hulu's buggy program. 

ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I agree totally that Hulu has buggy software. Also buggy for set recordings…almost a month with You Tube Tv not one glitch. It was at least a twice monthly hassle with different Hulu issues 

0 Kudos
dfaith51
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I believe Roku, as a hosting platform, has a level of responsibility ensuring that the end user of their product isn't entirely left holding the bag.  They should have a qualify assurance program and processes in place for comparability testing.  Given Hulu is a major streaming provider I would think and hope that there's established dialogue between Roku and Hulu so problems such as this are resolved and not just "thrown over the wall".  If that's the case it's a terrible experience for the end user.  A number of people in this blog have stated that their jumping ship from Roku to another streaming device product so in fact they believe it's a Roku issue.  It's incumbent upon Roku to step up and publish the root cause and resolution. Nobody has provided a fix to my knowledge.  In other words "own" it. 

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You are very possibly correct.  All I know is You Tube tv, Amazon,Netflix ,Disney, max , Paramount +, Yes all work seamlessly with Roku. Hulu live not so much. I am switching that to ad supported 12.99 Disney/Hulu/espn3.  We’ll see how it works but you tube tv seems to b rolling pretty good. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy against Fox News as I had constant problems with ABC local-a Disney related station

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting on this issue about the Hulu channel.

We understand that you're having a problem with the Hulu channel since it will revert back to the home screen. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please provide the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You send out the same rote letter to everyone with a problem. I did this on 3-4 occasions. Nothing happens. Hulu and Roku do not work. On you Tube all is good -thank u -but please don’t ask for info already submitted. It’s condescending.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ksgemini

Thanks for responding to this issue about the Hulu channel.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.
Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lilseaster
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

I have not been able to monitor for this yet. Will update when I am able to test. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Commmunity!

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved.

The channel provider has recently published an update that should help with the issue you are experiencing. At this time, we invite you to check for a channel update by navigating and selecting the Hulu channel and pressing the * button > Check for updates to make sure you have the most recent version of the channel.

Then once your channel has been updated, seeing if you are still experiencing an issue with the channel crashing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos