Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbally
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Downloaded the software update - so far so good.

0 Kudos
gwigington
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had some time left on my old HULU subscription so I watched Fox on it last night. Agreed so far it runs without going back to Roku's home screen, but I noticed it blanks out for about 10 seconds at exactly 3 minutes after every hour. Obviously better than it was, but I'm not sure it's good enough for me to cancel my Sling. I'm also trying YouTubeTV and almost like that better than Sling. The Sling guide is somewhat of a pain. Either way I'm certain my days with HULU are coming to an end. 

Swifty53

Jump to solution

The temporary fix I've used is to turn on Fox News then hit start over.  If you replay, it works until the end of the hour.  Have to start all over again.  This sounds like a dispute between Fox News and HULU/ROKU.  I've spoken with HULU and they said the techs are working on the issue.  Since it only happens with Fox News, logic would tell you it is all about $$$.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

There are threads about this in the channels section of this forum. It's a BUG in the HULU app. Nothing to do with Roku. Hulu is written by Hulu, not Roku.

0 Kudos
Mikelun

Re: Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

Did roku sw auto update?

0 Kudos
IronFist
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not for me. I was watching Fox News and just like clockwork. At 3 minutes past the hour, it crashed and went back to the Roku Home Screen. So disappointing. 

0 Kudos
BillyD1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After weeks of this happening, magically it has stopped today.  There is a pause at 3 minutes after the hour but Fox News is not going back to home screen.  I also complained to HULU.  They blamed ROKU.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It looks like Hulu updated the app yesterday, to version 6.71.1.

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Is you tube tv an option for u? I just tested Fox News here for an hour -worked fine with Roku Premiere device

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's not a Roku update, but an update to the Hulu app. It normally will occur overnight. You can also hit the star "*" key when Hulu is highlighted on the main screen, and choose "Check for Updates".

0 Kudos