Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billmee
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Further update --  Hulu only crashes on the Roku App.

Main TV connected via ethernet.   Hulu app crashed on Roku at 10, 11, 12, 1 PM.

When using the smart TV Hulu app ( save TV, ethernet ) it continues to play flawlessly.

I had both the TV Hulu app and Roku Hulu app running simultaneous at 1 PM - ONLY THE ROKU HULU app crashes.

I've also been able to watch Fox on computer via Hulu - no issues.

LindaB

Jump to solution

Same here.  It's been happening for about 2 or3 weeks now. Annoying 😞

0 Kudos
Tpenn

Jump to solution

Happening to me too. Just started a few days ago 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue on Hulu!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MilSpec_ATV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB, if you had read through these posts, all of your questions would have been answered.  Let me break it down for you in simple, easy to digest bites.

1. It's not native to any particular Roku model/device
  2. It IS native to ALL Roku devices
  3. The issue occurs ONLY on Fox News Channel - particularly, the stream drops and the system returns to the Roku home screen at 2 minutes after every hour ONLY on Fox News Channel
  4. Let me reiterate - this does not happen on Discovery, Cartoon Network, National Geographic, local channels, USA Network or any of the plethora of other channels on the service - it ONLY happens on Fox News Channel.
  5. The scripted "fixes" don't work. This is not a "reset your device, clear your cache, stand on your head, shove you hand up your backside and recite the Pledge of Allegiance" type of fix.
  6. No amount of "this device", "that Tracker ID" or other voodoo is going to make the issue any less able to be reproduced or seen first-hand. In short, simply dial up Fox News Channel and wait until 2 minutes after the hour to see the event happen.

Please stop condescending to this group of paying customers. It's insulting. You're insinuating that it's somehow OUR fault that this is happening, and that after some kind of "if you'd only do this", it'll fix the issue. Let me just get out in front with this - I am a 20+ year Network Engineer - I know your game, and I'm done playing it.

Here's MY fix.

• Get with your network team and verify that this is a valid issue that's easily reproduced (see how above)
  • Find the senior Network Engineer
  • Tell him to take his head out of his nethers and direct his team to patch this issue. It shouldn't be hard - simply instruct the system to NOT cycle the hour on Fox News Channel.
  • Come back to this group after the patch has been tested internally and give us something other than another scripted reply.

Best Regards,

ROKU CUSTOMERS

Dolomite024
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

Same happening to us ever 35 minutes only when watching cable tv through Hulu app (usually CBS)

0 Kudos
Dolomite024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s not just Fox the app does this on CBS every half an hour to us also

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@MilSpec_ATV 

100% agree!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better. Their scripted replies are ridiculous. 

BDD07

Jump to solution

Following for updates

0 Kudos
vicv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model: 3900rw-Roku Express

software version: 12.0.0 BUild 4186-51

Serial Number (last 6) 340991

Device ID (last 6) 340991

Tracker ID: 91-244-863

Goes to home page (Roku) while watching the Fox News Channel at 2 minutes after the hour. Every time. does it on all tv's with Roku players, but does not do it watching through web (chromebook). Haven't found another channel that does it, just Fox News, not even Fox Business. Just Fox news, every time. been happening the last couple of weeks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.