Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Re: Hulu + Live App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi Arvy, so the steps were as follows:

uninstall misbehaving channel/app, rebooted the Roku, reinstall the channel/app go back to the live content (in this case the live content of CBS), and low and behold it reboots itself. I have tried what others members have suggested such as unplugging the Roku for 15 seconds and plugging back in but the same issue persist. I tried on the FireTV stick and FireCube with same results.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @riddlegrad,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that the issue is still persistent despite the troubleshooting steps performed, and we appreciate the actions taken to resolve the issue. Since the concern only applies to this specific channel across different platforms, it's best to contact the channel provider's support directly to inquire further and address the issue. Most channels are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well Kash, I am not surprised at the response. The last time I reported such an issue it turned out to be the latest software update from Roku that was the culprit at hand.

0 Kudos
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This has been the most frustrating issue I have faced as getting in touch with CBS app developer is next to impossible as links on CBS.com or going via the local channel affiliate is cumbersome. Does the community or Roku moderators have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
OakleyFreak
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If the issue is on a fire stick or other device other the Roku.

It sounds like an app issue.

My Roku just started doing this on Hulu Live

I may have to try the Hulu app on my Android TV and see if Hulu live drops 

0 Kudos

Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

I select the Hulu app on the tv and select the program that i want to watch.  During the viewing for the   program, the channel changed back to the Roku selection page.  That required the using the Roku remote to select the Hulu app and select the channel again.  This happens many times a day.

What is the answer to this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @DeDub,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will best assist you.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Earlier today I was watching Fox News when HULU ceased and I was taken back to the ROKU home. Since then I have been mostly watching ESPN+ with no issue.

My problem seems to occur occasionally but I cannot tell you exactly what the circumstances are that causes the thing to quit my HULU session.

The problem has been around for the last few days.  One session I was watching and had to restore HULU several times while I was watching.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ronk1943,

Thanks for providing more information about a playback issue on the Hulu channel. We'd be glad to check more to see how we can assist. We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues.

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue remains unresolved, please be advised that many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. We suggest reaching out to Hulu's customer support team to report the issue and get help. You can contact them here.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeDub
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Watching anything on HULU it occasionally goes back to Roku main menu. Then I select HULU again and go back to Hulu. Then it randomly does it again then it might not do it for a few hours. Very frustrating