Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dickybird08
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ not working and is definitely a Roku issue

Same issues, Netflix won’t play, prime crashes. Apps work on my phone and my Vizio on the same network... First Roku, Last Roku. Returning it tomorrow. Very disappointing and frustrating. 50inch TCL Roku TV is the unit.. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ not working and is definitely a Roku issue

@Dickybird08 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dickybird08
Reel Rookie

I replied to this once but my reply seems to have disappeared? Not Cool! What I said was...

I have tried every combination of fix with zero success.

(tried all of the following with both restart TV button and unplug TV method)

1. Uninstall app, restart TV, reinstall app - Didn't work.

2. Reset network and router simultaneously. - Didn't work.

3. Factory Reset - Didn't Work.

4. Different Network (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) with restart on both- Didn't Work.

5. Deleted all Apps. Restarted TV and Router. Installed One App. DIDN'T WORK.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.. Returning the Roku.. Never Again

Qsilky

, Amazon Prime Video, + not working and is definitely a Roku issue

I've done all of that work with Amazon and the actual TV maker they had me logout login reset mycodes I get it on my phone for free like I'm supposed to but ever since it changed they screen for Amazon Prime the app isn't working it always sends me to the free 30-day trial page but I've been assured that I have free Amazon Prime and it worked for over a year so I don't know what's going on any suggestions

0 Kudos
mourip
Channel Surfer

Re: , Amazon Prime Video, + not working and is definitely a Roku issue

My problem was with an older Roku2. I eventually had to reset it to factory defaults and then re-add my channels. Prime started working again after that.

I guess that we will never know who broke it or how...

0 Kudos
Amberann721
Reel Rookie

I've done all of this with zero solution or response. Im starting to see a trend, apparently its the TCL and ONN roku tvs and I'm assuming thats why I got these so cheap on black friday... Ill be returning them both and will be sure to steer clear of roku tvs in the future. 

Netflix works perfectly fine but Hulu and Disney + will start a show I selected then after a couple minutes shut off. I’ve tried restarting, factory reset, uninstalling and reinstalling, unplugging, hitting reset button. I have 2 other older rokus in different rooms and they work perfectly fine. I just bought roku premium + and it is the only one doing this in the same house. I’ve tried seeing if it’s just a particular show but it doesn’t matter what I pick. It shows the show for a few minutes then the commercial and after the show comes back on it will randomly click back to the Home Screen every time. My tv is a toshiba and I had another roku device hooked to it before and it worked fine. 

Lpd001
Reel Rookie

Can’t load prime video. It says I need to update application. I do what it tells me to do to update but that doesn’t work.  Just shows same error mssg. 

0 Kudos
Lichi7305
Reel Rookie

Tengo el mismo problema, no me cargan ni hbo, ni Disney, ni Amazon,  ninguna por las que compré el roku, que decepción,  llevo 2 días restableciendo de fabrica, apagando y prendiendo el tv y nada. Aparte que no aparece el canal de búsqueda.  Que debo hacer? Comore el roku streaming stick

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Lichi7305, if you're not in a region officially supported by Roku the channels/apps and features available to you will be severely limited.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos