Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hulu Crashing every 30 minutes

We have multiple Roku devices in our house and noticed yesterday that Hulu keeps crashing back to Home Screen every 30 minutes. It is happening on all of our devices. I have tried updating both the app and devices (no new updates available), restarting my Roku devices, and uninstalling/reinstalling the Hulu app but they are all still doing it today. 

Tags (1)
44 REPLIES 44
rrspen316
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu Crashing every 30 minutes

I am having the same issue but seems to be every hour.  It only seems to be for Hulu live and only some channels.  Usually I watch ID on Hulu live and keep it on all night while I sleep.  When it goes to the next show, which is at the top of the hour, it just goes back to the home screen and I have to go back into Hulu live and select ID to watch the next show.  This started happening a couple days ago.  I have reset my roku and have also turned bandwidth saver off and it is still happening.  If I have my local ABC channel on it doesn't do that.  I have also tried the Travel channel and it does the same thing.  Could I get some other advise on how to fix this because I really like watching the ID channel. 

Ragas68

Mine is doing the same thing. Looking for advice I've tried all the things I can think of.  please help

VG13

I am experiencing the same thing and seems to be on all the TVs.  Haven't seen any responses from Roku.

stp07030
Reel Rookie

Same thing......will not allow me to watch any ESPN plus channels....Just spent an hour on roku support chat .....they willl 'escalate'.......ESPN plus channels via hulu working fine on my iphone and amazon tv ..

DavoOHno

And... same thing here.  I'm on chat with Hulu at the moment.  It doesn't seem to happen in Netflix, or other services, so to me that's a Hulu thing.  Or a very specific Hulu via Roku thing.

Update.  Apparently it is a known issue now with Hulu.  They are working on it apparently.

rrspen316
Reel Rookie

Does Hulu know when this will be fixed because it is frustrating.

ksgemini
Streaming Star

Same problem here just went got new roku device under my protection plan. Same issue persists. Started yesterday.  Every thing factory reset modem reset  deleting /adding channel makes no difference whatsoever  definitely Hulu problem or new Hulu/ roku issue

tphillip

Same here Hulu goes back to home screen after every show.. even recorded episodes. I am about ready to get rid of Hulu this is very Frustrating!!! If it's not fixed by the end of the week Hulu needs to refund some money to users!!!

badjad
Reel Rookie

Ours is doing the same thing. We thought it was a Hulu issue at first also. It also happened with the NewsMax app. Ours is also happening at the top of the hour when the programming switches. Roku...a fix for this would be greatly appreciated at every TV in our home (4) has a roku player either built in or attached. We will be looking for a new streaming device soon if this is not corrected.