Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew37
Reel Rookie

How to update Hulu account credentials?

Just created a new Hulu account and need to remove old account credentials from the channel that loads to the Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I’ve removed the channel a few times and then added back, but it instead of prompting me for Hulu account id/pw, it simply remembers the account details I used initially. I’m using a new id/pw for Hulu, but now I cant seem to update it on Roku. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to update Hulu account credentials?

Hi @Andrew37,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For clarification, have you made sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful before signing in with your new login credentials? 

If yes, it's best to reach out to Hulu Support directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu Support here

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrew37
Reel Rookie

Re: How to update Hulu account credentials?

Thanks Roku Mary. I’m finding that the managing of login credentials works differently for certain apps. For example, after doing a restart, when I selected the Netflix app, it requested my id/pw info immediately. Hulu  did not, it simply reloaded with the account I used prior to removing the channel and doing a restart.

As it turns out, I was able to resolve my issue with the Hulu account by going into my profile within the old account and then was able to click onto a settings menu that included an option to ‘log out’. Once I took that action, I was able to launch Hulu again and was finally prompted for my login credentials! I guess you could say this was a bit of user error. However, if there is any way for Roku to provide a consistent process for app login credentials when users remove a channel and then re-add, it would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Andrew

0 Kudos