Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Re: How to turn off Continue Watching section?

Hi, I just checked my Roku Ultra 4670X. I checked to see if there was an update. There was, so I let the update install.

After it installed and the unit restarted, I checked the version number. It is 12.5.0 - build 4172-46.

Then I followed the instructions in the posting by @RokuEuniceL

"You can then turn off the Continue Watching feature by going to Settings > Home Screen and changing Continue Watching from "show" to "hide."

When I went to "Settings > Home screen" there was no Option for "Continue Watching."

There were only settings for: "What to Watch", "Live TV", "Featured Free", "Sports", and "Shortcuts."

"What to Watch", "Live TV", "Featured Free", and  "Sports" are all set to "Hide".

"Shortcutcuts" has "Add Channels" and "TV Off" selected.

@Ezrway

Roku Ultra (4670 series)  

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Hi John, I attached a photo of my Roku Home screen with "Continue Watching" showing.

7702.jpeg

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

John, I tried to send a photo with "Continue Watching " displayed on the home screen to you. I can't tell if you received it so I'm trying again.

7702.jpeg

RISE_1
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB , You should already know that the "continue watching" display is on the home screen, not on specific "channel networks." We've been told by @RokuEuniceL that this option is supposed to be able to be hidden on update 12.5 but that is just not true. Someone at Roku should be able to give us at least an honest and accurate update about this. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We hear you and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have already tried to highlight the apps or channels you wanted to hide under the "Continue Watching" category and then pressed the star* button on your remote to no avail, kindly provide us the following details below so we can forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to find the best resolution.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we gather the requested details, we will make sure that the appropriate Roku team will be made aware of this issue, and once we have updates and more information from the team, we will make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we highly appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

We're also grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this. Let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and find you with the best resolution possible.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keithx13
Streaming Star

This issue is four months old and Roku still doesn’t understand it?  Incredible.

How about if Roku posts screenshots of the Continue Watching feature “Hide” option actually working?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @keithx13,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that the Continue Watching hide feature isn't dependent on 12.5 software version updates, so some users may have 12.5 software version updates and not have the hide feature of Continue Watching just yet. The hide feature of Continue Watching is still rolling out slowly, and you may get a 12.5 software version update first.

We appreciate your patience and understanding for the time being.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
rickthe

This feature is the worst thing you could do to your customers. It's annoying and it's in the worse possible location. If I turn a movie on and 2 minutes in I think it's **bleep** so I turn it off and now you geniuses assume because I started it that I want to continue watching it. How can you be so frickin clueless about how bad of an idea this was. Just undo it now and quit making operating systems excuses. Just update everyone with the last software before you added this and fire the moron who thought this was a good idea. Did you guys hire the lady who f'd up Budweiser?

jimsz
Streaming Star

Roku simply continues to stick it to their users.

I don't think they have any intention of rolling any of these "features" back or offering an option. They are waiting for people to just stop posting about them. It's simply not a priority for Roku.

A company that excelled at customer satisfaction has become awful. I'd never recommend them again.

Going to buy an Onn at Walmart to try but am leaning towards an Apple TV.

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Hello Carly, first I want to apologize to everyone for my last post, the one with the image attached. I didn't mean to post it as many times as it's in this thread.

Here is the information from my Roku device from the "About"  screen:

On Roku "About" Screen
Roku Device Model: 4670X
Serial Number: YJ004F977079
Device ID: KWA084977079
OS version: 12.5 • build 4178-46

I also found the following info on the bottom of the Roku. It doesn't seem to match completely:

From Label on bottom of Roku
Roku Device Model: 4670X
Serial Number: KWA084977079
Device ID: N/A
OS version: N/A

I hope your development team is able to find a way to let us hide "Continue Watching."

Ezrway

20231029_170318.jpg

20231029_162824.jpg

0 Kudos